Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Snarboo

Quake 3 Souce Code Released

Numbermind said:

I was wondering why no one said anything. This happened about a week ago.

No, it didn't. Carmack said the release was "imminent" a week ago.

It'll be interesting to see if the Quake 3 mods will be better than Quake 4's deathmatch, since by judging from the videos it's just Q3 in the Doom3 engine.

Ichor said:

I'd rather have the Blood source code.

So would I. However, I doubt its coming along anytime really soon, what with Monoliths attitude about it.

HobbsTiger1 said:

So would I. However, I doubt its coming along anytime really soon, what with Monoliths attitude about it.

Monolith doesn't own the code, GT -> Infogrames -> Atari did/does. And it's their policy not to release sources.

What the fuck? Monolith developed the goddamn thing. Anyway, I know Ataris policy, and if thats the case, oh well. I mean, it's not like people don't have the beta source code for it (I have it myself), but nobodys going to use it because of legal issues.

Snarboo said:

[My estimate until someone adds bump-mapping to the Quake 3 engine: about 1 to 2 months.

I think it will only take a few weeks. The actual creation of bumpmaps however, would take longer.

Unless they did what that guy who made the Hexen high-res texture pack did and just generate all the bumpmaps in Photoshop.

WildWeasel said:

Unless they did what that guy who made the Hexen high-res texture pack did and just generate all the bumpmaps in Photoshop.

eww those aren't bumpmaps those are lame photoshop light filters