Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janderson

I Value your Opinions on Specs

I would like your opinions on this laptop I'm thinking of buying. It was suggested to me by a friend but I believe you guys have far more experience. If it isn't too much to ask could you explain simply the pros and cons of this machine are? Also gaming possibilities, is it any good, as in D3 Ultra quality with all the eyecandy good?

AirRaid said:

If there's a hell,
I'll see you there.

AirRaid: Hey Satan, I've been an easy going guy and I've never broken the law or hurt anyone. If you can tell me why I'm here without mentioning atheism, I will lick your balls for all eternity.
Satan (removing loin-cloth): See the above post.

:P

AirRaid said:

Those specs are rubbish. These are better.

I was oddly enough thinking the same thing.

Janderson said:

AirRaid: Hey Satan, I've been an easy going guy and I've never broken the law or hurt anyone. If you can tell me why I'm here without mentioning atheism, I will lick your balls for all eternity.
Satan (removing loin-cloth): See the above post.

:P

Say what? That was like a totally different thread.

Anyway I guess that laptop is pretty good. I don't profess to be a guru of AMD tech so I'm not sure on the power of the CPU, but the rest looks pretty good. It even has a real 3D accelerator. Plus it has good stuff built in like DVDR and Wifi. Gets thumbs up from me.

Nobody can play doom3 in ultra quality yet, at least not to it fullest capabilities. The video cards aren't availabe yet, the ones that come with 512 ram.

That one you showed seems expensive for what it is.

This time last year I got my mobile p4 3.2 latptop for £500, though admittedly that was half price. But there are deals out there.

Check out medionshop.co.uk if you don't mind going down the refurbished route, as they don't seem to be offering new ones online atm. Decent prices and good customer service.

baronofhell said:

Nobody can play doom3 in ultra quality yet, at least not to it fullest capabilities. The video cards aren't availabe yet, the ones that come with 512 ram.

P4 3.2E 1Mb HT
1GB Corsair DDR400
Gainward Golden Sample 6800GT 256MB Clocked at Ultra spec

I can pull over 60fps in the timedemo in Doom3 at 1280x1024 in Ultra quality, no AA. I can also play the game playably normally at these settings too, although there is some noticable slowdown here and there.

You're wrong.

Im no labtop expert but based on what the machine has it looks pretty powerful. Plus it has 100 GB which is nothing to scoff at. Worth the consideration, I bet it can play D3 pretty well.

Buy it. Current Acer Travelmates and Aspires rule. I have the older (but still pumping) TM 4001WLMi and it completely replaced my desktop with its much better gaming abilities (besides, my monitor had just died and I needed a computer, fast).

Disclaimer: YMMV; I'm talking about a Centrino-based laptop.

Inferno said:
Im no labtop expert but based on what the machine has it looks pretty powerful. Plus it has 100 GB which is nothing to scoff at. Worth the consideration, I bet it can play D3 pretty well.

heh

I recently got an Acer Aspire and it's great, its only downfall is the crappy SiS igp. Oh and the battery only lasts 1.2 hours and the speaker volume control is completely software controlled, no volume dial. There are no power saving extras to speak of. The only good thing it has going for it is the door stop ability and even then it fails it. In fact, this laptop sucks.

Im getting an ASUS next time.

Heh, that's much cheaper than the Aspire 1524WLMi which I bought a while ago. So far I've had very little trouble with mine, I've had to send it back once due to an overheating problem but it's all sorted now. From sending it down south to getting it back it took about 4 or 5 days which impressed me.