Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Another trailer for some movie

Those first person views look pretty awesome.. For me, combined with the monsters, that'll be enough for me to get some enjoyment out of this movie, no matter how bad the plot is compared to the original doom.

Must. Have. Now! ^.^

Any chances we Germans get it at the same time as the US people?
Or do i need to mule it and watch the German version afterwards _IN THEATHER_!

Best trailer yet. As long as the fps views aren't totally abused I think it'll be not bad.

Well, at least it slightly resembles Doom (3). Other than that it really doesn't look like anything I'd want to watch. The whole idea of having a fps-like sequence seems stupid to me. Why is it necessary? The Resident Evil movie didn't have a I can't move right because the controls suck so bad sequence.

AgentSpork said:

The whole idea of having a fps-like sequence seems stupid to me. Why is it necessary? The Resident Evil movie didn't have a I can't move right because the controls suck so bad sequence.

Agreed..I wasn't too impressed when I saw that either.

Seems a bit gimmicky, I would've preferred at least the excuse of having helmet-mounted cameras like in Aliens.

Still, if its usage is limited I probably wouldn't mind too much.

I think this is actually worth seeing. The FPS stuff was awesome...espcially at the end. The chainsaw and the pinky, BTW
did anybody notice the wheels behind the pinky? They still stuck with the wheelchair thing...has long has the monster looks good,which it does.

I quite liked the first teaser trailer but this is totally f'ing wicked. Seriously, the only thing I can complain about is the FPS... I like the idea and in some bits it looks great but some parts look badly done and somewhat cheesy. Like some other dudes said, if they don't abuse it, I have no problem at all. Can't wait 'till they release a High-Definition version of this trailer...

And that song is way mad sweet ... anyone know what it is by any chance?
EDIT: Got it. "Switchback" by Celldweller

i thought there was official word that the monsters are from hell? maybe the genome project only somehow gave the demons a chance to start mincing up the station.

Hm, doesn't seem like a total loss after all. But what's with this human genome mapping stuff? I read multiple sources claiming that it was demons that the marines are dealing with. The toy merchandising should be amusing, however.

im guessing that the human genome just explains that they completed the entire genome that way humans can teleport from point a to point b in one piece. that way you wont have missing feet or your head where your ass should be lol

I just hope they've got some sort of hellish plot/final boss with it otherwise it would be some sort of Resident evil/Star trek crossbreed.. *shudders* and they did say in some interview floating around that "hell will definetiley be in it" still even if it sucks ass I'll go see it with some friends... I live in sweden so I'll see it three months after you american people *grr*

flu1d said:

did you notice at the end the pinky had wheels...

Yep. After watching it again I did notice that. WTF is up with that?

It's because id will later license a car model based on the pinky.

I like how I can recognise several door/lift/machinery sounds from D3 in there.

I wanna see it.

I had the same thought as Irvin. If you want to teleport someone, studying how the fully mapped genome is affected would help perfect teleportation. But, maybe there is some part of the genome that when tampered with, unleashes 'the beast within'. Hope not, but it's just another theory from a doom fanboy.

Also, this fps view reminds me of that old cop show they used to air, always done in first person. kinda cool, hope they do a good job with it.

Three locations are named in the captions to photos found on the official site, doommovie.com

They are as follows:

The Ark
Carmack's Lab
Wormhole Chamber

Hell, here we come.

Rephrase: genetic engineering my ass.

Arioch said:

Wormhole Chamber

Hell, here we come.

Rephrase: genetic engineering my ass.

Yep. Agreed there

Arioch said:

Three locations are named in the captions to photos found on the official site, doommovie.com

They are as follows:

The Ark
Carmack's Lab
Wormhole Chamber

Hell, here we come.

Actually I heard that the method of transportation from earth to mars was a wormhjole, rather than spacecraft. Not sure where I read that though.