Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sitters

Update level Cruel death

wow, me likes, man I want to BE you...well not really, just steal your skills, or share them.

So is the them polynesian or some similar island culture? thats what it looks like.
Awesome work man!

dutch devill said:

Damn your fast with mapping, your an mapping machine.
The screens look sweet, nice work I really want to play this when its done.

I knew someone was bound to say this. how come I never see any enemies in your shots?

Xanthier said:

how come I never see any enemies in your shots?

I'm going to take a stab at your question and suggest that perhaps Sitters plans out the level before the gameplay when making maps. This is actually a fairly common tactic for some mappers, who prefer to get the flow and design of the map down before they add the gameplay(monsters, items, traps etc). However, you would have to ask Sitters about this since I cannot answer this question.

The screenshots are supposed to be of his level, not Doom's monsters.
Anyways, I would not go as far to say he's just going to 'tack on gameplay', he's probably got all his traps and spots just waiting to be occupied. That's what I do, I'll leave places for monsters and add them when I'm done, seeing as they will only get in my way when testing.

Thanks everybody,

Yea the way I work is :

first I make the total world of the story that I have in my mind.
When the world is finnisch there are still no enemies or traps.

After the visible world I going to make the secrets and the traps.

And at last bud not least the monsters come in, and the items for game play.

That is the reason why I stopped with doomsday, be-course of the lag.
After I was finish with my level, the FPS was dropping so much at the earlier rooms, that I must rebuild my level and remove rooms.

Risen3D is much faster and can handle much more linedefs and sectors without lag.

So now I can use my way of level building without going to be pist off on the engine.

It is a hobby, and a hobby must be fun.

greetings.

Cant wait for this one sitters, ive got your other three maps, and there Wikida! Im so glad someone is making decent maps for Risen3D (coz its just the best port there is), you should work on a megawad next ; ) Keep it up!

Adz123 said:

Cant wait for this one sitters, ive got your other three maps, and there Wikida! Im so glad someone is making decent maps for Risen3D (coz its just the best port there is), you should work on a megawad next ; ) Keep it up!

There are now 4 maps converted from doomsday to Risen3D by abbs, and the next one is following.

Now you can download 5 maps for Risen3D on :

http://www.sitters-electronics.nl/Game.html

or on the Risen3D Maps page.

Greetings.

Sitters is boss :) _||||

Speed
Intrigue
Tense
Terrifyin
Excitement
Radicolousness
Superb

this looks like a good level. great texture effects.i dont have that software though. i just make levels for doom2

Snarboo said:

I'm going to take a stab at your question and suggest that perhaps Sitters plans out the level before the gameplay when making maps. This is actually a fairly common tactic for some mappers, who prefer to get the flow and design of the map down before they add the gameplay(monsters, items, traps etc). However, you would have to ask Sitters about this since I cannot answer this question.

That, I could have guessed, I just wondered why screenshots are never posted after gameplay is added, cause a lot of people like to see both, it shows the dynamic side of your level as well as asthetics. maybe I should take this approach, currently my enemies are getting in my way and making testing take longer.

I've often wondered what kind of monsters you use sitters, I can't play your levels yet, do you use models?

Oh and, I love your work sitters! As soon as I get a beefier computer I'm gonna work toward making levels with that kind of engine.

Xanthier said:

I've often wondered what kind of monsters you use sitters, I can't play your levels yet, do you use models?

Yes the monsters are also models and all the items also.

There are no sprites in the levels.

I use the abbs packs ( monsters, items and weapons ) for risen3D.

But when people wants to play with sprites ( monsters, items and weapons ) they can switch of the model packs, and play only with the level models.

greetings.

New shots of Cruel death.

It was taking a while but abbs and I where solve the problem of the model occlusion.

Now the models are perfect in the game, and we can create a very good real 3D world, without disappearing models.

sitters-electronics.nl/Game.html

Greetings.

Haha, nice try. Now make something for Doom.

Wait, what?

Well, bugger me with a brick.

Really impressive stuff!

Thanks everybody,

I have mixed new music for the mod, I think its good for this theme.

This mod is not going to be a linear map from room to room.
You have 3 playgrounds, each playground must be solved, before you can go the next playground.

The first playground is finish ( the outdoor1 and the indoor1 ), like you can see on the screenshots.

Now I am going to work at the second playground.

I love the speed of Risen3D.

Greetings.

The website is changed,

Resolution 1024x768.

All levels I have made are now converted for Risen3D.

The levels are much faster then for Jdoom.

For each level there are now +- 10 screenshots available.

Start page :

http://www.sitters-electronics.nl/Game.html

From here you can go on to the other levels ( look at the screenshots or download ).

Greetings.

PS : report any bugs on the stie please.

Looks great Sitters. I like the new layout of the site, and screenies look awesome. Can't wait for the new level to be completed.

-Peace out

OldMan said:

Looks great Sitters. I like the new layout of the site, and screenies look awesome. Can't wait for the new level to be completed.

-Peace out

Thanks,

Its going well with Cruel death, 2 play grounds are ready and making now number 3.

The final music is also finish.

Some shots on the website.

Greetings.

dutch devill said:

Do you make the music yourself, your last map had an very nice track.
But it was a bit short imo.

I compose the music from all kind of existing music, I am not sitting behind a guitar or something.

And yes most I keep it short, because I want make the download short as possible.

The music I have now is 1.25 minutes.

Greetings.

sitters said:

The website is changed,

PS : report any bugs on the stie please.

All of the links in the menu have an extra and unnecessary \ in them.

OK everybody,

The 'Cruel death' beta is ready and in test phase.

The map is very fast and with a good 3D feeling.

So go on to the next map, Still looking for ideas.

Greetings.

Edit : the website is updated, with the problems of the '\'