Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vile

Doom3 Speedrun in 2:07:15

Heh, I was looking for something like that the other day.

cool.
now if someone would do the other DOOM games, and Quake, and Hexen, and Serious Sam 1 and 2, and...
hey, wait a minute... :)

You did record Heretic using ZDoom; doesn't it support Hexen as well?

Last time I checked, ZDoom didn't emulate Hexen correctly on Skill 5... monsters walked at normal speed when they should have been moving faster. I'm not sure what runs using source ports will be accepted at SDA, since some of them deviate a bit too much from the original game... I'm hoping that won't be the case with Descent, already having 10 levels finished. The runs recorded in the D1X client actually play back in the original game correctly, so there's no physical differences.

Very cool, Vile.

Defiant! is my brother... he ran a Descent contest at Koolbear's site back in 97 or something... as well as having many trick demos and walkthroughs.
not to mention dozens of demos of him pasting me with his vastly superior aim. :P

the game had netcode limitations and functional online issues, but was way ahead of it's time.

chording and the SpaceOrb 'cheat' could make speedrunning interesting.

personally, I would think Radix would honor zdoom hexen demos. especially if the readme explained what was different from the real game and why a port was necessary to record.

Cool but BIG.
In godmode (I don’t know if the game allows this or if you can survive it if you’re not god) but in hydrocon lab (Alpha Labs 1) (http://www.doom3walkthrough.com/img_locations/5_hydroconlab.jpg), if you shoot what you must not shoot, the room is in flames and so you kill someone (maybe Kelly?) who’s got the BFG (on your right, behind the glass window). Then you can kill the vagary in one full shot.