• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cassandra

a lack of perfect movements in E4M1 :(

You see the "Hell Beneath" Level ?
The E4M1 to be as precise I could.

How many of you have cleaned up this one without cheating ?
(Tell me the awful truth !!!)
I mean 100% everywhere in skill 4.

In fact, I can't do it because of the lack of ammos...
(and power up pharmacy too !)
I've tried to make monsters fighting each others but I
still have not enough rockets and shells... :(

The NIN room is insanely tricky.
How can I kill the 4 barons of this room ?
I know I shall get out of it before being caged and slaughtered then what ?
Still not enough ammos.

I've seen a demo but recorded in the "no monsters" mode...
(ha ha ha, the big joke !)

If anyone of you have a Zdoom 1.22 demo recorded on skill 4
or can record one for me, I'll appreciate a lot.
I'm really curious to see the "trick".

Be nice and send it to nauls@caramail.com

Thanx

I've finished the level with 100% secrets on UV, but not 100% kills. I plan to though, and I might record a demo to prove it!

Holy fuck...do you realize how hard it is?????? Anyway, I get one step closer each time, and something unexpected happens (mainly that one spectre in the moat kills me).

Is my question too challenging ?
Even for the Doom's killer pros around here ???

So, I still think that getting 100% kill on this level
is impossible...
(give me just a berserk pack !!!)

The best I can do is to kill everyone, EXCEPT 3 Barons...
(I've tried with the fist but there's not enough place to move and avoid their green blasts... #@ù**.)]'{# !!! -censored-)

Oh God, there's no way that I could possibly beat E4M1 AT ALL with some kind of cheats. Impossible.

Oh God, there's no way that I could possibly beat E4M1 AT ALL with some kind of cheats. Impossible.

You must really suck then, because I and anybody I know could ransack E4M1 with cheats :D

Hmmmmmm, if I could beat all 4 episodes on UV (with constant quickloading, that is) without cheating, then that's good enough for me.

Hmmmmmm, if I could beat all 4 episodes on UV (with constant quickloading, that is) without cheating, then that's good enough for me.

I never quickload. I save every five levels or so if I'm just going straight through Doom 2 or something like that.

***YES I'VE DONE IT !!!***

I JUST USE IDDQD AND GOT IT !!!
I know, I know, this isn't funny...
(It really sucks with that but I can't have 100% kill without)

I recommend you try checking Compet-n (http://ural2.hszk.bme.hu/~ha211/compet-n/). They've got all sorts of demos for pretty much all official doom maps.

Isn't there a berserk pack in that map? If so, punch out all the deamons and imps, and maybe the barons too.. that'll save your ammo for anything else :)

You must really suck then, because I and anybody I know could ransack E4M1 with cheats :D

OK, that really makes a lot of sense. You say you can ransack E4M1 WITH cheats?
So can anyone else. Including me.
Dumbass. :P

Isn't there a berserk pack in that map? If so, punch out all the deamons and imps, and maybe the barons too.. that'll save your ammo for anything else :)

No, there's no berserk pack on there...
Just the shotgun, chaingun and the rocket launcher...
But not enough ammo.

I've tried to punch Barons at the end but it's pretty strange... I loose everytime =D !!!

try punching imps/spectres, and then you should be able to kill all the barons. You should also use pistol/chaingun/fist against the shotgun guys because shotgun does 7 pellets and you only need 2-4 to kill one of the shotgun guys. Another thing to to is to try to hit more than one of the barons with a rocket. If you can't do it, don't feel too bad, because this is ranked hardest in the DHT, which means that a Doom Master is not expected to be able to do it. Go to the compet-n website to find the fastest recording for this level with 100% kills.

On a related note, I have been trying this level in Tyson style, which means in this case fist and pistol only, and 100% kills required. It's very hard, and my best attempt only kills one of the barons. Patrick Martin has done it, but his recording is horrendously slow (2 hours 24 minutes)

try punching imps/spectres, and then you should be able to kill all the barons. You should also use pistol/chaingun/fist against the shotgun guys because shotgun does 7 pellets and you only need 2-4 to kill one of the shotgun guys. Another thing to to is to try to hit more than one of the barons with a rocket. If you can't do it, don't feel too bad, because this is ranked hardest in the DHT, which means that a Doom Master is not expected to be able to do it. Go to the compet-n website to find the fastest recording for this level with 100% kills.

On a related note, I have been trying this level in Tyson style, which means in this case fist and pistol only, and 100% kills required. It's very hard, and my best attempt only kills one of the barons. Patrick Martin has done it, but his recording is horrendously slow (2 hours 24 minutes)

It's unbelievable...
I saw many of demos and many of them are UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE.

I'm not pretty good with fist without berserk...
All I can do is to shot 2 guys or more with one shell at the beginning (waiting for a good aligment)...
Then I try to make monsters killing each other every time I could...
I get really hurt sometimes in the process and loose when the Barons arrive.
There's not enough place to move in this map.

Ok, I was able to get 100% kills without using the fist.(plays with doom.exe) Also included is a trick which shows how you can get the red key to do the level faster. This is also very important in Nightmare skill. get it at http://www.geocities.com/xit_vono/e4m1-max.zip
I hope this helps you.

What's the DHT? Is it a site or something? and if it is, could you please post a link to it? Thank you very much.

MMMhhh, that's a very hard level, I agrees.
I don't remember if I already cleaned it up to 100% kill.
Surely not...

Congratulations for all those who've done it this way !

E4M1 has no beserk pack on UV. No. It has nine, count 'em 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,...nine measly little blue bottles for health. That's it :P

SHITFUCKING ELECTROPLATED GODDAMN JESUS CANDY COATED CHRIST ON A FUCKING MOPED!!!!11. I HATE THAT LEVEL!1!1!1

I've gone thru e4 on uv without codes, but I haven't 100% every level yet. That's my goal right now though, I'm going through all the episodes on uv and getting 100% in all categories. But I can tell you one thing, I'm not looking forward to episode 4 *shudder* that's one damn hard episode. One thing I do like about episode 4 is the level names, they're just plain cool. :)

DHT is doom honorific titles. I don't know the link, but I remember there is one on the compet-n web page. Just go to the section FAQ. DHT is a site where you get titles based on what you can do in doom. The rules are fairly complex, so if you want to know them I suggest you visit the webpage for that.

I'm making good progress on e4m1 tyson. I can punch out 5 barons through the cage in about 30 minutes, but in the real challenge you have to kill one first, and then you have to fight the other 4 all at once. I'm looking at a time of about 50 minutes.

OK, that really makes a lot of sense. You say you can ransack E4M1 WITH cheats?
So can anyone else. Including me.
Dumbass. :P

Stupidity cannot be concealed.

No, there's no berserk pack on there...
Just the shotgun, chaingun and the rocket launcher...
But not enough ammo.

I've tried to punch Barons at the end but it's pretty strange... I loose everytime =D !!!

Awkay. Well, save your ammo for barons\shotgun guys. Spectres\deamons\imps are easy to punch out\saw. the imp is the hardest to master.. but just wait till they shoot, strafe, and CHARGE!! :) And always make sure you get 6\7 7\7 hits with the shotgun.. that's a must. Take your time, there's no rush. You should need about 5 rockets for each baron, but if you can do 3-5 small monsters with a rocket, do that. (3 shells should equal a rocket)

Awkay. Well, save your ammo for barons\shotgun guys. Spectres\deamons\imps are easy to punch out\saw. the imp is the hardest to master.. but just wait till they shoot, strafe, and CHARGE!! :) And always make sure you get 6\7 7\7 hits with the shotgun.. that's a must. Take your time, there's no rush. You should need about 5 rockets for each baron, but if you can do 3-5 small monsters with a rocket, do that. (3 shells should equal a rocket)

Yes, that's a good technic.
I need a little bit more practice to get it.
(and a kind of chance too 'cause sometimes, monsters warp before the "official" moment =D !)
I must save more ammos at the beginning to succeed I think...
The best I've made is 98% kill (2 Barons left)
I've sponged up my body rests many times before...
What a good level introduction to "Thy Flesh Consumed"
One of the hardest one.

SHITFUCKING ELECTROPLATED GODDAMN JESUS CANDY COATED CHRIST ON A FUCKING MOPED!!!!11.

Well hello Tossed Salad Man.

If imps don't die of one shotgun hit, then finish them with the pistol. If spectres don't die of 2 shotgun hits, finish them off with a pistol. Spectres/Demos are also the easiest monsters to punch out, so if you are good at that, then do it.

I'm not saying I don't use saves, because I do, but it has always struck me as a kind of cheating too. A sort of (very) inferior god mode if you like.

True! You haven't completed a level unless you've done so without loading a game! Come on, it takes no skill, just a shitload of time if you suck ;)

Well hello Tossed Salad Man.

Hey I liked the line, so I stole it! =)