Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nightmare Doom

New Orleans = Fucked [off-topic stuff]

Danarchy said:

This is probably the worst hurricane in US history and possibly the most devestating natural disaster in this country's history as well.

If you thought that Katrina was destructive wait until that Supervolcano from Yellowstone park explodes then we will really be fucked....

Not to metion that there was a huge Earthquake that happened here in Missouri back in the late 18th / early 19th century that made the entire mississpi river run backwards and it even made the bells in washington rang.

It's actually good to see Mother Nature fighting back against the Evil hordes of Mankind.

I'm glad I'm going to try moving to Europe after I get out of school. Because America is one great big fuck up, and I dont want to be a part when mother nature or anybody else decides theyre tired of it.

Oh god, you are a few fries short of a happy meal arent you. Well, to put it bluntly, the elected officials in America suck, and the culture of the U.S. wouldnt win any awards either. The best Americans are usually the ones raised elsewhere. The worst arent even in prison, theyre usually famous for something or another.

Nightmare Doom said:

It's actually good to see Mother Nature fighting back against the Evil hordes of Mankind.

Yes, we must appease the earth spirits. I nominate you to be sacrificed in the volcano.

Well, global "warming" will tend to make extreme weather events more likely, and political decisions do have a bearing on that.

Nightmare Doom said:

You’re joking, right?

heh. reminds me of the first song on kreator's coma of souls album, "when the sun burns red". I'll just give one verse and the chorus. it's a kick ass song from a kick ass album.

winter turns to summer
then the seasons disappear
no one needs a prophet
to explain what's all to clear
oceans overflowing
islands drowning everywhere
leaders wont admit it
now they're drowning in despair

hailstorms, tornadaos
cold spells, untimely frosts
heat waves and blizzards
global death's the cost

face the end of time
as we plunge headlong towards the day
can't deny the signs
when the sun burns red
the earth will turn
from blue to grey

Those people in New Orleans who are losing their homes and their lives are every bit as much victims of George Bush's war based on lies as the people of Iraq. Money that should have been spent preparing New Orleans for hurricanes was spent on the war based on lies. The National Guard who should be there this night are on the other side of the globe, fighting and dying in a war based on lies.

Danarchy said
it could withstand winds of up to only 125 mph and flooding of 20 feet. Later reports said 200 mph winds and 35 feet of water. Sounds like they are trying to downplay this.

Also, it really sucks because most of the people that are in the Superdome are poor people who couldn't get out of the city because they have no cars.

Sounds like a cheap demolition and execution.

Nightmare Doom said:

It's actually good to see that, inspite of all the wind blowing around New Orleans at the moment, you can produce even more on the forums.

fodders said:

Those people in New Orleans who are losing their homes and their lives are every bit as much victims of George Bush's war based on lies as the people of Iraq.

Only you could come up with this shit and be 100% serious.

"More than 3,000 members of the Louisiana National Guard’s 256th Brigade serving in Iraq can only watch from Baghdad as Hurricane Katrina bears down on their families and homes in New Orleans and the other south Louisiana communities from which they hail. The deployed soldiers and their equipment, which includes high water vehicles, Humvees and generators, will be sorely missed as Louisiana attempts to prepare for and recover from the historic Category Five storm..."

Again with no source.

Do you really think there aren't or weren't national gaurd in Louisiana & Mississippi (among other states) with proper equipment and are willing to help out, stacking sand bags and whatever else they needed to do?

Maybe he read it elsewhere. Like in a newspaper.

Oh shit, no online source??!? It's just like being wrong!!

Numbermind said:

Oh shit, no online source??!? It's just like being wrong!!

If it is not an online source, then he can still (and should) state what the source is.

Anyway, it must be an online source. He'd never type that much stuff in. :p

DooMer87 said:
look at my title

That's quite yours, lawyer boy, and fodders OWNS YOU.

Plus it's near irrelevent to need a source. We KNOW for a fact the war in Iraq involves tens of thousands of national guardsman. We KNOW for a fact the national guard is called in in situations like this. It's not a conspiracy theory it's just common fucking sense, with more guardsmen gone, the less there are to help out in the event of a disaster.

Scuba Steve said:

source

Numbermind said:

source

Look, first of all, not that I deny what he quoted is true, I simply pointed out he didn't post one.

Second, fodders is saying that this is the fault of Bush. I don't buy it. We have had military personnel overseas for decades. In fact, we had military personnel overseas on 9/11 and during other catastrophes and natural disasters! Some that I'm sure even predate the current presidency.

The president is not at fault because shit gets fucked up in a natural disaster.

Well, the National Guard are supposed to stay in the country unless we're in real dire straights. They're called the National Guard for a reason.

And now to pick apart Fodder's post...

It wasn't a Cat-5 when it hit ground. It was downgraded about 200 miles before it made landfall.

myk said:

That's quite yours, lawyer boy, and fodders OWNS YOU.

well, i have to think of a comeback, and here it is. fodders may own me, but i own a car, and a garage to put the car in, and a home to put the garage beside, and a briefcase to put papers in, and a pen to write with on those papers. I own a DVD player which i may remind people DVD o4ns over JOO VHS! video tapes suck so bad if you had a contest between what was stupider: the war in iraq or VHS then VHS would win. Or lose, whatever's funnier. Also, the family guy getting cancelled or season 1 and 2 of family guy on VHS: the seasons 1 and 2 on vhs would win. Also, who owns fodders?

DooMer87 said:

well, i have to think of a comeback, and here it is. fodders may own me, but i own a car, and a garage to put the car in, and a home to put the garage beside, and a briefcase to put papers in, and a pen to write with on those papers. I own a DVD player which i may remind people DVD o4ns over JOO VHS! video tapes suck so bad if you had a contest between what was stupider: the war in iraq or VHS then VHS would win. Or lose, whatever's funnier. Also, the family guy getting cancelled or season 1 and 2 of family guy on VHS: the seasons 1 and 2 on vhs would win. Also, who owns fodders?

Modders

BTW your mom ownsa car house dvd etc, your parents own them not you boy. I on the other hand am a retired civil servant with loadsa money, a house built in 1775, a convertable and loads of shit. GG.

didn't you read any of my blogs? One of them clearly stated my Uncle Seamus is building a house that he will give to me when im out of college. I mean, some company not him. I own an old car (jaguar, it's old, and it would not sell for 50000+ at all, it was my dad's car.) I own a DVD player which i play ferris bueller's day off on. So i do own those things, it's just that there's a logical explination for each of them, except for the DVD player i bought that.

I just cannot understand how owning a dvd player is anything to mention and mention so often, I have 5 DVD player/recorders in diff rooms around the house. But as to the other stuff, well you do not own a house, you do not own a garage, if you do not behave I am gonna call your mom.

fodders said:

if you do not behave I am gonna call your mom.

Oh! You just got served. Anyways I tuned in to watch about New Orleans on fox around 3:17, they had sheppard smith interviewing a bunch of as tey quote "majority of the african americans". He was being a dick the whole time cause he kept asking them if they were IIIIIGHT in the "african american" way.

DooMer87 said:

didn't you read any of my blogs? One of them clearly stated my Uncle Seamus is building a house that he will give to me when im out of college. I mean, some company not him. I own an old car (jaguar, it's old, and it would not sell for 50000+ at all, it was my dad's car.) I own a DVD player which i play ferris bueller's day off on. So i do own those things, it's just that there's a logical explination for each of them, except for the DVD player i bought that.

yes but you are also a compulsive liar. the only thing you uncle seamus is gonna give you is aids.