Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pete The Padre

Remote doors

Now ive got a wierd problem

i got this S1 door in my map, and when i hit the designated switch for the door, yes the door opens as intended,BUT

if i first try to open the S1 door, it wont open with the switch!?
i mean when i try to open it regular ofcourse it wont open but i cant open it with the switch either! whats the problem?

Sorry, but you're not being very clear.

You have two linedefs that trigger the same door? Are they both S1? You have all your tags set right? S1/SR linedef types MUST have a tag, you can't just put them on a door like D1/DR. Also, you know that any linedef type with a 1 is only triggered once, right?

You must explain exactly how this is set up, otherwise, we can't be of much help.

alright, ill try to be more precise

ok, so i got this door, both linedefs set for S1, no individual tags,
and ive set a sector tag, lets say 1,

so now i wanna have a linedef trigger for this door
so i put the action for the door (103) and i gave it the 1 tag
and when i activate the linedef the door opens as it is intended
BUT! if i walk up to this door and try to open it BEFORE i activate the trigger, the door kinda jams, making it impossible to open the door from the linedef trigger! so i cant get trough the door

makes any sence?
ive never had this problem before,

Pete The Padre said:

ok, so i got this door, both linedefs set for S1, no individual tags

Okay, like I said, your S1/SR linedef types MUST have a tag. You can't just put them on a door like D1/DR without one. Your switch, on the other hand is working because the engine knows what sector the line is supposed to activate. In order for the linedef actions on the door itself to work, you need to assign them a sector tag, otherwise, they will do nothing, or in the case of some linedef types, try to activate every sector with tag 0, which is nearly every sector in your map!

If you change your linedef type on the doors to 31 (D1 Open Door Stay Open), then it should work how you intended it.

Don't flip the door lines, they should face out.

Just take the action off the door (line tag) with respect to the lines on the door but not the switch tag. Leave the tag on the door sector (for the switch) but no tags on the door lines. Delete any door line tags on the door lines themselves.

Searcher said:

Don't flip the door lines, they should face out.

Just take the action off the door (line tag)

Oh great!
this solved the problem! ty very much!