Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sin`pl

half-life tc

hello...i found months ago half-life total conversion for vanilla doom :P i talked wtih nmn... he never heard about :) i though its very popular... so i decided to post it here.
removed

also - there is duke nukem 3d tc... both works on vanilla doom, yeah! :)

That's a different project though - from the sound of it, it doesn't contain any new levels.

The one linked to here works OK for me (in glboom), and looks quite good, albeit short (just four maps). There's not much action, and the scientists and Barneys are both static and silent. With a bit (OK, a fair bit) of dehacked work or friendly AI, that could possibly be improved.

Note that as far as I can tell, it doesn't work with Doom2.exe ("Bad V_DrawPatch") so the claim that it is for vanilla Doom seems odd.

Ah, right, so it is from the same project, but the one at doomwadstation is missing the levels, and the one at gp32x.de is without the dehacked work, any credit for the authors (i.e. illegal), and has probably been modified in some other ways so that it works with the GP32.

A lot of that stuff on there is "illegal" - especially the one that claims to be Doom 64 (which is actually Requiem with Doom64 weapon and monster sprites).

caco_killer said:

Those wads are for Doom on Linux.

Huh? What? They don’t work well on my computer too. And they both suck.

sin`pl said:

hello...i found months ago half-life total conversion for vanilla doom....

As Grazza pointed out, this wad was originally designed for GP32. It definitely does not work with vanilla DooM, and even has all kinds of problems with ZDooM. I need to try it with glboom, as Grazza suggests.

To its credit it reasonably faithfully re-creates the first four areas of the original Half-Life, and the sprite work is extensive. However, many of the sprites seem to have missing frames.

For an older ZDooM conversion of Half-Life check out Paranoia. Screenshots are available at DooM Nexus.

from the site:
Note: This is the PWAD version. It takes less space on your SMC, but you need DOOM2.WAD in game/doom to play.
If you don't have it, grab the WAD version.

What is this socalled "wad version"? Sounds like it includes illegal material.

m0l0t0v said:

What is this socalled "wad version"? Sounds like it includes illegal material.

I downloaded the "wad version" of the Duke Nukem TC from there, and it does indeed contain illegal resources (while the monster sprites are, for the most part, blanked out, much of the sounds, textures, and levels are still there if I remember correctly).