Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LorD BaZTArD

And now for something different... a whole new left field!?

Wow, sitting bored waiting for customer sludge to turn up and annoy me just took an interesting twist. Guy just donated a whole heap of old dos games and among them was not doom2, but "Doom2 the screensaver" and it's basically a thing that has doom monsters fight each other as a screensaver. It looks like it's a legitimate program too, covered in GT/iD logos. Now maybe I missed something but I've never heard of anything like this before... how freaking random. Is this some kind of rare unholy grail? HA!!

I wonder what else I can uncover today... heh.

I just have the box sitting next to me. I'm probably not gonna bother installing it. I'm sitting at an xp machine and it's recommended for Win 3.11, so I don't like my chances of trying it anyway. If I get an opportunity to look at it later, I'll see what I can do. *bing* I have an idea... gimme a minute or thirty.

I remember it, friend installed it on a few machines back in school. Teachers thought it was the game and got all mad...morons.

Nah, I was not expecting it to be anything remotely special, just it's existance was funny at the time... still is actually. I'm bored, got nothing better to do than sit around reading its manual :D

I might try it later, as for screenshots. I was gonna use my camera phone to take a picture of the boxes cover, but that failed badly. So no pictures unfortunately.

I remember seeing that in a PC Palace loong ago.

Then the PC Palace turned into a Yummi Gummi Zoo.

MmMMmm. candy.

I had a star wars screensaver where jawas ran around on the screen taking apart your desktop for windows 3.1. It was real neat.

I picked it up at an expo show for $5 back in the late 90's, along with Carmageddon and another game, all of which I never even bothered to install.

I remember seeing that in a store long ago. I wanted it bad, but wasn't allowed to get it because it was not my comp. I wanted to make a whole doom desktop theme with sound effects and icons and crap like that. never got around to it though.

Lüt said:

Carmageddon, which I never even bothered to install.

What a fucking waste. Oh well, at least they have your money.

pfft. They have 5 Dollars... which by the sounds of it was for all 3. It's not exactly gonna depress anyone that $5 went missing over three crappy games. Although carmageddon is a cool time killer, definita(e)ly worth an install imo.

This brings back fond memories of the old Origin FX screensaver for Windows...the one that would look at all of the Origin games you had installed and play cutscenes from them.

The bad thing about 16-bit screensavers, they're easily bypassed in Windows no matter how password protected that saver may be.