Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

Classic Win95 games

Recommended Posts

Do you guys know where I can get those classic win95 games? I'm looking for two:
one is called Hover, and the name of the other one I forgot but it's where you play the mouse and you have to trap the cats.

What are some other good ones?

Share this post


Link to post

i believe "hover" only was available on the windows 95 cd-rom. what was the floppy version of 95? something like 24 disk's. i remember reading the back of the box and it stated the extra's didnt come on the floppy version, only the cd-rom version. and you could go to microsoft's website with your key and download the extra's for free (like the game) i bought the cd version and have the game, and it runs on xp. back then i tried copying it directly to my hd but it wouldnt run, maybe someone ripped it by now.

Share this post


Link to post

Rodent's Revenge. I have the entire entertainment pack, but when I posted previously from work I couldn't remember what the game was called.

Share this post


Link to post

Oh man, I remember playing Rodent's Revenge. I first saw it at a computer show way back in the day and played it for a while there. Then my friend got it with his Packard Bell and I played it sometimes when I went to his house. We never had it with out copy of Win 3.2 though. Also, I think I remember that Hover game, It was pretty unique and kind of fun, but I mastered it pretty quickly IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Skeletor said:

one is called Hover,

http://www.duke.edu/~mfc5/HOVER.htm

Regen said:

i believe "hover" only was available on the windows 95 cd-rom. what was the floppy version of 95? something like 24 disk's. i remember reading the back of the box and it stated the extra's didnt come on the floppy version, only the cd-rom version. and you could go to microsoft's website with your key and download the extra's for free (like the game) i bought the cd version and have the game, and it runs on xp. back then i tried copying it directly to my hd but it wouldnt run, maybe someone ripped it by now.

Hover was only bundled with Windows 95C (aka the stupid "with Internet Explorer" edition), however before that, it was available for download on Happypuppy's site in 1995 (M$ gobbled the poor shareware developer up)

Share this post


Link to post

Yes! Hover was the game I was thinking of. It ran slow on whatever computer it was I had then. I wonder how well it runs now...

Share this post


Link to post

It runs fantastic (Hover) full screen hi res. as soon as i seen this thread i popped my win95 cd in and tried it out and it runs fine on xp. but i too could only dream of the system that could run it better than the smallest window size and resolution back then.

Share this post


Link to post

Heh. I remember Hover.
Looking at it again now for the first time in ages...

OMFG 3D FLOORS!!! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Bloodshedder said:

The mouse trapping one came with the Windows Entertainment Pack, along with a Nibbles clone, Fuji Golf, Life Genesis, and some other games.

Ah yes, BOWEP. I just tried to find a link to download it off of the internet, but I can't seem to find one. I could have swore I got it off of Microsoft. Strange.

Share this post


Link to post
gargoylol said:

Too bad it's not.

Well it would be funny if people thought so. You couldn't let me have fun implying total bullshit for even ten minutes?

Share this post


Link to post
Piezo said:

Ah yes, BOWEP. I just tried to find a link to download it off of the internet, but I can't seem to find one. I could have swore I got it off of Microsoft. Strange.

Well, it was sold as a commercial product, so if you got it from Microsoft you either bought it or it came with your PC.

Share this post


Link to post

I did a search on the internet and downloaded if for free somewhere. I guess they were hosting it illegally or something since I can't find it now.

Share this post


Link to post

Heh, Hover isn't as fun as I remember it. It still provided me with a couple hours of time killing though.

Share this post


Link to post

I thought it was a pretty advanced game for it's time lol, and the fact that microsoft bundled it with win95, far greater of -say a mind sweeper type game, let alone another card game. this is also during the era where i was yet to realise how smooth doom could run. running doom low-res (fullscreen but still choppy) i was in the same boat with Fury3 and DN3D on that comp.

Share this post


Link to post
Danarchy said:

Heh, Hover isn't as fun as I remember it. It still provided me with a couple hours of time killing though.


lol...yeah. We've become spoiled with 3d polygons.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×