Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pete The Padre

question [making marines NOT shoot you]

Don't use Thing_Hate. Instead, do what Trasher and BlackFish mentioned and place a friendly marine. Even better, you could create a DECORATE copy that inherits from the marine with the +FRIENDLY tag added, and use that instead of the original one.

DomRem said:

Don't use Thing_Hate. Instead, do what Trasher and BlackFish mentioned and place a friendly marine. Even better, you could create a DECORATE copy that inherits from the marine with the +FRIENDLY tag added, and use that instead of the original one.

ok... i dont understand a word u just said, could u plz explain
a bit better, im kinda noob

plz help me with this oh mighty community!
show me the light of your power of knowledge
oh i beg thee fellow doomers!

seriously i realy gotta know this so if anyone can give me some help i'd love that!

You dont have to double post.

Anyway in Zdoom mode with Doombuilder (Doom in Hexen mode) there's an option in the thing properties to make it a friendly thing (that means you can make the marines friendly).

Friendly monsters work in Doom format as well. There's just no config for it. Remember, it was MBF which first introduced them.

im not finding a friendly tag here...allright theres no property option that says friendly of any kind

the only things there is are
[]easy
[]medium
[]hard
[]dormant
[]fighter class
[]cleric class
[]mage class
[]single
[]co/op

thats all!

BlackFish said:

are you using the latest doombuilder (version 1.67)? the new version has these flags.

i have no idea, i downloaded this version like 4 or 5 months ago

BlackFish said:

oh, stupid problem then!

ok so i downloaded the new version, and yes now there is a frendly tag, but i got a new problem :/

then i enter 3d mode and attempt to click a sidedef to set a texture, there is an error saying : error 9 intextureselect: subscript out of range... then doombuilder shuts down.... now whats wrong?!

BlackFish said:

That I don't know about. I think that's a bug. Try it again.

i did, it won't work, i tried to launch a existing wad and then tried the same thing, this time it worked but i could only select textures that ive put into the map in the erlier version
so in summary, i dont think DB recognize my DOOM2.wad

That bug is like ZDoom 2.0.93's Megasphere bug (Impossible to miss and everybody is reporting it.)

Pete: Copy the ZDoom(Doom in Hexen)format config for 1.67 (Stick it in a safe place), reinstall 1.66, then replace the ZDoom(Doom in Hexen) config with the 1.67 one you've put away previously.

allright i worked out all the problems now so im back in buisness
BUT!

i still cant get the marines friendly!

I made a sector, placed the player1 start in the room, a monster and a marine, i tagged the marine friendly and launched the level but the marines is still shooting me instead of the damn imp!
plz help me!

>_<

That's a bug in ZDoom. Fixed for 2.1.0

Stick this in a DECORATE lump and lay down thing 30000 for a friendly marine (WARNING: UNTESTED)

ACTOR FriendlyMarine : ScriptedMarine 30000
{
      +FRIENDLY
}

TheDarkArchon said:

When it's done.

um ok...

i duno if im doing the scripting right im not very expierienced in this..am i suppose to just paste:

ACTOR FriendlyMarine : ScriptedMarine 30000
{
+FRIENDLY
}

in a script and then assign the marine to it with thing tag 30000?

ok i have no idea what that means, im really sorry for the trouble but if u could explain this in a noob language i would owe u big time i really want to get this working, or if u could link to a tutorial or something
thx

Ok.

1. Open your WAD in XWE.
2. Goto Entry > New
3. Name the new lump DECORATE
4. Paste what I give you into the DECORATE lump.
5. Save the changes to the lump and quit XWE.