Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Janderson

Help with Pets

My damn puppies! They don't respect my authority. They are a dog and bitch of the same litter. Here's the problem, when I play with them they fight each other, when I feed them, they fight each other, when I let'em out, let'em in or when they wake up they fight each other. When I put down my fartherly foot they both fight me. The only times they don't fight each other are when they are sleeping, trying to escape the bath/vet or when there are other dogs to fight. When will they stop fighting? Any tips from the dog-loving members?

You MUST be the herd chief, if not your dogs will dominate you and you will be suffering like in hell. ;-) So don’t hesitate to bite them or to hit their nose when they are not respecting you.

You can basicly hang it up if they have allready accepted you as a surrogate parent (like they dont anyways) im not even a dog person (more of a cat person) and i raised a puppy once (lab/doberman mix) and it was tiresom as hell, night and day wimpering and crying for almost 6 months. the fighting i would imagine comes from them wanting your un-devided attention between themselves, this i know thru someone who has the same problem.. unless you want to express the disclipine that call's the authority's attention (baseball bat) have fun until they grow up or you can adopt them out.

Regen said:
the fighting i would imagine comes from them wanting your un-devided attention between themselves,

Or they don't trust him and discharge their aggression playfully on each other.

The dogs appear to still be working out the pecking order. One day, they'll both decide that one of them is stronger than the other and the constant fighting will stop.

If they're still having a problem with you, though, you don't need to fight them. You'll be more effective displaying your size (stand up tall and invade their space), loudness (deep and firm voice when disciplining), and strength (restrain them, or push them around and pick them up while playing). They'll pick up on it.

Of course you need not to bite them necessary, it should be the last solution. Anyway, show them who’s the boss.

Numbermind said:

The dogs appear to still be working out the pecking order. One day, they'll both decide that one of them is stronger than the other and the constant fighting will stop.

I see, and I guess having the little fellas testicles removed will help too huh? I should stop crawling around with them anyways.

Thanks for all the advice, I'm starting to get through to them.

Heh, I’m not antispecist. I prefer when cats are outside than at home (and I often feed them), except when the cat is worth going in.
My neighbour just adopted a cute street cat.

I like dogs, I just don't want to own one. Cats are much quieter and manageable IMO. Sure, I have to change the catbox regularly, but at least I don't need to walk my cat.

Young pups are gonna fight and squabble. It always happens. They're basically playing with each other for exercise, fun, and to see which is the bigger pup. Just be sure they don't get too rough, and that they don't forget that YOU are in charge. When playing with your dogs, don't hesitate to pick them up, roll them over, basically play with them in a manner that displays your strength and superiority over them. And yeah, get em fixed too.