Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frost67

Found an illustrated doom story

I think you'll find Marswar has 32 levels ;)

Though Nathan Lineback didn't make all of them from scratch himself.

Saw this site a while ago, but it's still a good time. Reminds me of the old days watching my brothers play with their friends back in '94.

tsareppsun said:

That's strange. The doom's I own don't have that "swastika" in that room. It has the shape of something else.

Tsar,

The swastika was changed in later versions (not sure on the exact one). Supposedly it wasn't intentionally made to look like a swastika, so it was fixed when people pointed it out.

Thanx a bunch for the intel, both "Ronekyakone" and "Trilinear" But, Do either of you "IMPS" know where this disfunctional "LostSoul" could Dload the Doom ver. with the swasticka in it, and will it be able to run DLegacy or JDoom?

Hopeful,
Tsar

Just do a forum search (or google) for doom downgrade patches. You probably want Doom v1.2, but you'll need to know what your current version is (probably 1.666 or 1.9) so you can download the appropriate patch.
Yeah, they should wo-- or not...

EDIT: Actually, here's a downgrade patch to Doom 1.1: http://www.rome.ro/lee_killough/versions/

tsareppsun said:

Do either of you "IMPS" know where this disfunctional "LostSoul" could Dload the Doom ver. with the swasticka in it, and will it be able to run DLegacy or JDoom?

Yes, I've uploaded the Shareware version of 1.2 here:
http://www.lesmiskin.co.nz/doom/doom_shareware_12.zip

It should run on any port, just point your port to the doom1.wad file.

Use "IDCLEV 14" to warp to the map in question.

Bloodshedder said:
Oh and all source ports I know of won't play anything but version 1.9 of Doom/Doom 2.

But as far as the maps go, you can do:

prboom -iwad doom -file doom1

Thanx, all of ya demons. I'll get on it as soon as I'm able. Keep the HORDE at bay for me until then!!

P.S.
Did any of you seen that movie poster of doom yet? What's with the real world P90 subgun? Personaly, I don't believe it's the actual REAL movie poster, but cheap promotional somebody created for kicks, But still.............SOUR!!!!

Tsar,