Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Xanthier

Tried to run a demo in zdoom...

and it timed out giving me this message:

"Error uknown net command: 0 " can anyone help me? Oh it happened when the player looked down, but could just be a coincidence.

thanks in advance.

Emm... Did that demo have an accompanying text file saying what one should use for playback? Maybe it isn't meant to be played back with Zdoom. If there's no text file, looking at the demo file header often helps.

The only time I have seen the Unknown net command thing show up is when you use the incorrect version of ZDoom to try and view it. You must playback the demo in the version it was recorded, because it won't work otherwise.

This is probably your problem, but then again, your demo at least ran, while I've never seen an playback attempt on the wrong ZDoom version work at all.

how the hell am I supposed to do that? maybe he recorded it on an older version.

zDoom 2.0.96.

in which case I'm just screwed.

EDIT: I think I need to update actually, hmm :/

Well, the most likely versions would be either .63a, .96 or .96x (the community build).

63a can easily be obtained on the download page of ZDoom.org, and it even claims it's the latest version. The community build is downloadable from here.

Heh, if it was a co-op demo in 2.0.96 you can forget it. Co-Op after 2.0.63a pretty much went down the tubes. Other than I have no idea what could be wrong, unless the proper versions of the proper wads arent loaded.