Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom2day

4 new feature requests

First, this one i have been requesting it a lot becuase i think it is very useful.
When you have 'Mix flat and texture resources' on, all of the textures get jumbled together so they fit alphabetically. Instead, have the wall and floor/ceiling textures seperated because : the flats are better used as flats and wall textures work well as wall textures. It would be REALLY nice if when the floor/ceiling is selected that the flats come first and if the wall is selected then the wall textures come first. A big thanks if this is taken seriously.

Second, limiting the custom texture wad thing being limited to one wad is not good. I would like to have it support to up to 3 or so becuase when i do zdoom, i need to use the proper iwad as a custom texture wad. Thank you again if implemented.

Third, for the scripting, I think having a dropdown list of scripting functions that updates as you type so if you type
raidus_q, it will display at the bottom or where-ever [radius_quake(taq,radius,damageradius,length,intensity)[\/] ] and if you click on it, it finishes in your typing. May be useful for begginers/alstimers patients/forgetful people.

This fourth one is the ability to add a custom thing definition file or whatever you want to call it when you make a new wad. The "Thing Definition file" should have new things listed by their:
thing id -------- Thing name ---------- thingpicture.

So if you have the humans.wad from the zdoom.org website you can make one of these so you can select your custom thing that is displayed by its thing name and has the thingpicture for the picture. In other words i am aking for a way to add to the list of things made in decorate and whatever. Thank you.

The first one would be nice.

The second one is a bit odd because you don't need to define the iwad as a custom texture wad, if you choose the game type as whatever then it'll use that iwad as default.

Mancubus II said:
The second one is a bit odd because you don't need to define the iwad as a custom texture wad, if you choose the game type as whatever then it'll use that iwad as default.

what i understand is this: suppose i have 4 wads: doom2.wad, mytextures.wad, myflats.wad and mysprites.wad. DB only lets you have one iwad (doom2.wad in this case) and one texture/resource wad. which means that i'd have to choose between the flats/textures/sprites or merge the wads.

Why don't you just merge them then?

I think the 4th feature can be already done. Just copy a Doom Builder game config file and add your new things and whatever you want in it.

cycloid said:

Second, limiting the custom texture wad thing being limited to one wad is not good. I would like to have it support to up to 3 or so becuase when i do zdoom, i need to use the proper iwad as a custom texture wad. Thank you again if implemented.

You mention iwad in here, which in this case is irrelevant; you simply want more than one additional resource wad available . I certainly agree that it would be nice to define multiple pwads for resources.

yeah the reason i mentioned the iwad was to make it quite clear what was meant. the windows file selector API will let you choose multiple files if you wish (photoshop springs to mind) but i'm not a win32 coder generally so i'll shut up :-)

I am forced to use the additional texture wad on the desired iwad textures in zdoom because i never merged the zdoom iwad

doom2day said:

First, this one i have been requesting it a lot becuase i think it is very useful. [in order of prefrence]
When you have 'Mix flat and texture resources' on, all of the textures get jumbled together so they fit alphabetically. Instead, have the wall and floor/ceiling textures seperated because : the flats are better used as flats and wall textures work well as wall textures. It would be REALLY nice if when the floor/ceiling is selected that the flats come first and if the wall is selected then the wall textures come first. A big thanks if this is taken seriously.

Third, for the scripting, I think having a dropdown list of scripting functions that updates as you type so if you type
raidus_q, it will display at the bottom or where-ever [radius_quake(taq,radius,damageradius,length,intensity)[\/] ] and if you click on it, it finishes in your typing. May be useful for begginers/alstimers patients/forgetful people.

This fourth one is the ability to add a custom thing definition file or whatever you want to call it when you make a new wad. The "Thing Definition file" should have new things listed by their:
thing id -------- Thing name ---------- thingpicture.

So if you have the humans.wad from the zdoom.org website you can make one of these so you can select your custom thing that is displayed by its thing name and has the thingpicture for the picture. In other words i am aking for a way to add to the list of things made in decorate and whatever. Thank you.