Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VileSlay

is this possible?

I was reading this thread and it reminded of something I wanted to try before I stopped editing. anyway, I'm starting up again and want to try out something similar.

outside a base I want some baddies to start teleporting in, which I know how to do. they will battle a group of maybe ten marines. the marines would be killed by the baddies. now in order to get into the base you have to go to the barracks and get a key card from the sarge (thinking of having that comunicated to the player). now when I leave the barracks, I want those dead marines to resurect and attack the player, if possible changing their sprite to reflect their zombie state. how can I do this, if it's possible.

We talking ZDoom Doom in Hexen format here?

Try activating a script that thing_removes the corpses, and spawns the "new zombies" at their locations. I'll assume you're using decorate to make the marine zombies. You can have the spawn state animations resemble the death state animation in reverse to make them appear to rise from the dead, just have the spawn state end with Goto See.

solarsnowfall said:

We talking ZDoom Doom in Hexen format here?

Try activating a script that thing_removes the corpses, and spawns the "new zombies" at their locations. I'll assume you're using decorate to make the marine zombies. You can have the spawn state animations resemble the death state animation in reverse to make them appear to rise from the dead, just have the spawn state end with Goto See.

yeah, should've mentioned that I'm building it for zdoom using doombuilder. I'm pretty new to decorate and want to give it try, like having weak marines without helmets as friendlies for the the battle and then having them battle damaged and hostile when they arise. I'm also trying to make a brand new monster, but have yet to start on the sprite work. I have a lot of ambitious goals for this, but I've never attempted anything like it so I'm prolly gonna need a lot of help.

ok, so I want the guys to rise when you leave the barracks only after you get the keycard. so, in theory now, can I set up a script to make a line_def that will only function when I pick up the keycard, and have that line_def activate the script for the thing_remove/thing_spawn?