Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

Criterion's "Black"

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/668/668817/vids_1.html

Well, it's about damn time we got a video. I personally can't wait for this game. It's made by the same people who are responsible for the Burnout series (using much of the Burnout engine).

The particle effects have to be seen to be believed. Also worth mentioning is the damage models on nearly every piece of architecture in the levels. The team claims to have taken inspiration with the over-the-top action films of the 80's and 90's-- which means we'll be experiencing the kind of sensory overload we haven't seen since R-Type.

A lot of people are hoping that a Black demo will be included with Burnout: Revenge (due next week). But seeing as how we're only seeing footage just now, I don't see that happening. I'll be getting both, regardless.

I wish this was a PC game. (Actually, wait, the fact that it's not for the PC is a blessing in disguise, because more than likely it wouldn't run on my computer.)

WildWeasel said:

I wish this was a PC game. (Actually, wait, the fact that it's not for the PC is a blessing in disguise, because more than likely it wouldn't run on my computer.)

I feel your pain... My computer is an old P.O.S heh But its good enough for DOOM (the older ones) So it's still worth something.

Well, it's not like I can't play console games (I'll be buying the PS2 version - I've already got TimeSplitters 2 and Future Perfect and love them both).

WildWeasel said:

(I'll be buying the PS2 version - I've already got TimeSplitters 2 and Future Perfect and love them both).

A man of taste is our Weasel :)

Still, I read about it a while back. It looks and sounds pretty damn awesome.

God dammit it's not coming out for PC?

after playing F.E.A.R.. black scares the crap out of me. and I've got an FX-55 with a BFG geforce 6800 Ultra.

so for sure not coming out on the PC

In one of the clips it looked like he was shooting a left handed gun. 9_9
I really don't see how that game is going to be for the Playstation 2 or XBox looking like that, especially in 2006.

Piezo said:

In one of the clips it looked like he was shooting a left handed gun. 9_9
I really don't see how that game is going to be for the Playstation 2 or XBox looking like that, especially in 2006.

Huh? I'm not sure what you're getting at. The video is realtime PS2 footage.

If you're addressing the fact that the current gen will be outmoded by next summer, well... that's a subjective argument. As far as I'm concerned: if you were ever thinking about buying a console, now would be the best time.