14 members have voted

1. 1. Rate it !

• Awesome
    • Good
    • Ok
    • Not to good
    • Bad
    • Have had a chance to hear it yet *or* don\'t like Fear Factory

Whats your opnion of it..Mine..I think its great..Another awesome Cd from Fear Factory.

Edit** could someone fix the last option on the poll I messed it up bad..it should say : I haven't had a chance to hear it *or* don't like Fear Factory

Huh, I didn't even know they had a new album out. The latest album I have by them is Archetype. Is this really a new album, or just a remix of the last one? Anyway, I'll have to look into this soon.

Snarboo said:

Is this really a new album, or just a remix of the last one? Anyway, I'll have to look into this soon.

Yep completely new. But to be honest.. I thought it was a Re-mix at first.

Aleaver said:

Yep completely new.

Yeah, just did some searching myself and found that out. :) Sounds very interesting, I'm definitely going to pick this up.

The new FF album has been "out" for quite a while now. I can't say there are any highlights to the album, except maybe Supernova, 540,000 Degrees, or I Will Follow... they really do need Dino back.

Aleaver said:

I think the song your talking about is CARS. I'm not totaly sure though.

The original version? Or was it a cover?

Numbermind said:

they really do need Dino back.

Well I think there doing good without him. I like the difference in sound from when he was in the band and now that hes not. But thats just IMO.

Fear Factory is one of my favorite bands and I've liked most of their albums, favorites being Demanufacture, Obsolete, and Archetype.

Read in REVOLVER magazine that Trangression doesn't have that sci-fi theme to it anymore (instead more of a reality one), also without Dino, but Archetype shows they can still rock...I hope to get Trangression ASAP.

I like it quite a bit ;) Certainly different from their other stuff, though. Christian is a much better guitarist than Dino ever was.

To my ears, FF has sucked since Obsolete. What I have heard of this album does not change this.

Fucking false metal bullshit.

Psyonisis said:

Fear Factory is an industrial metal band.

Interesting...I like industrial metal.

destx said:

To my ears, FF has sucked since Obsolete. What I have heard of this album does not change this.

Fucking false metal bullshit.

emo fag

yo yo... fear factory were ace!! But now they suck major balls...

To the dude who said emo fag... man check out some brutal dm or some underground shit and then you'll realise that Fear Factory arent really "metal" and are more rap industrial stuff... but dude the first album soul of a new machine was my favorite for sure

Fear Factory is not rap. Industrial i can see but not rap..And Metal branches off to so many categories now that its more of wide feild now. And sure they are not as hardcore as like there first few cds..but thats cause of change..it happens..but..I will also say this. NOT EVERYONE IS GONNA LIKE IT. Not everyone is a fan. And rightly so cause no one can and will ever be able to please everyone.

BlackAsDaNight said:

You are an idiot.

The CD is fucking terrible. Instead of continuing the nice direction coming off of Archetype, they completely fuck it up. It is very apparent now in their career that they are losing their edge and frankly don't know how to write their own material anymore. The album doesn't even sound like Fear Factory, and in a very bad way.

Dittohead said:

The CD is fucking terrible. Instead of continuing the nice direction coming off of Archetype, they completely fuck it up. It is very apparent now in their career that they are losing their edge and frankly don't know how to write their own material anymore. The album doesn't even sound like Fear Factory, and in a very bad way.

Well, in a way I can see what you are saying. It does sound very different then any of there other albums that came before it. But in a way, atleast in my view thats one of its strengths..as is with all of there cds..The consistant change between each is one of the things I like best about Fear Factory.

Yeah I like the idea of bands 'evolving' their sound. Sure some times it doesn't work (think In Flames and Coal Chamber, ugh). But damn if I was in a band I'd get pretty bored pumping out the same shit over and over for years.

I think the only Fear Factory album I've ever listened to that had a weak sound to it was Digimortal, which admittedly was very experimental. Even though it is their weakest album, I don't hate Digimortal, it is just my least favorite. As long as Transgression sounds stronger than Digimortal, it should be a good album, atleast for me.

Dittohead said:

(...)It is very apparent now in their career that they are losing their edge and frankly don't know how to write their own material anymore. The album doesn't even sound like Fear Factory, and in a very bad way.

Precisely!

Snarboo said:

I think the only Fear Factory album I've ever listened to that had a weak sound to it was Digimortal, which admittedly was very experimental. Even though it is their weakest album, I don't hate Digimortal, it is just my least favorite. As long as Transgression sounds stronger than Digimortal, it should be a good album, atleast for me.

I agree there. Digimortal was there "weakest" cd. But I don't hate it. It's all about trial and error. Somethings work and others don't. Digimortal is a clear example of this.

BlackAsDaNight said:

To the dude who said emo fag... man check out some brutal dm or some underground shit and then you'll realise that Fear Factory arent really "metal" and are more rap industrial stuff... but dude the first album soul of a new machine was my favorite for sure

You seem to have missed the point of my post. I was just making a point that dest was getting quite "emotional" over this issue, that was all.