Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

DWBS

Due to the effects of Hurricane Katrina making Ty Halderman temporarily unable to maintain the /idgames Archive, there will no /newstuff Chronicles posted this week, as the /newstuff directory is completely empty at this point in time. Assuming things are put back into working order, next week will see /newstuff #250.

:sniff: This is quite sad news, and my prayers go out to him in a totally selfish attitude. Gimme my wads ;)

Since nobody else is asking:

What if it's weeks or months befor Ty is able to maintain the /idgames Archive agian? Is there a way to pass the torch to somebody else in the meantime?

It is highly unlikely that New Orleans will get back to normal before several weeks, maybe months...
So, unless somebody can take the torch or Ty gets access through another connection, we won't get newstuff before a long while...

Sorry for Ty for waiting to get to his home again.
But Ty should give the password to Cyb or "that french guy that runs this place" ;)

I'm alive and well. I'm even running my own PC in a hotel, but I don't have a "normal" connection to use yet.

We've got a slight snafu in that I can't run an SSH connection over the hotel DSL connection or through the firewall at work. We're working on an alternative, so probably things will be available for review for next weekend.

I'll still move 1984 wads to holding temporarily so they're not in the way and it's not an overwhelming pile of wads, and I'll re-date all of the ones I move to the current date as of the time I move them out so they'll last the full 10 days in newstuff.

Ty Halderman said:

I'm alive and well. I'm even running my own PC in a hotel, but I don't have a "normal" connection to use yet.

We've got a slight snafu in that I can't run an SSH connection over the hotel DSL connection or through the firewall at work. We're working on an alternative, so probably things will be available for review for next weekend.

I'll still move 1984 wads to holding temporarily so they're not in the way and it's not an overwhelming pile of wads, and I'll re-date all of the ones I move to the current date as of the time I move them out so they'll last the full 10 days in newstuff.

Yeah...1984 was a great year for wads... =) Jk man.

Hope your doing well.

I just thought of something. Don't the authors theoretically have their own WADS? So why don't we just have the authors email them into a reviewer? But then again could that reviewer be able to place the WADS in the right directories on the ftp? Considering that it is upload only I'm curious if the reviewer could upload into the other directories besides /incoming?

Just an idea.

Glad to see youre okay Ty
Also (dont take this the wrong way) glad there will be no newstuff this week cos it's my turn and I've only just got my connection up and running after network problems

Stay safe Ty and good luck

SlatheDoomer said:

Yeah...1984 was a great year for wads... =)

Oopsie... Well, time flies when you're old and disoriented. It does rather seem that long ago, though.

Hang in there--I should have an alternative approach by Wednesday.

duncan said:

Also (dont take this the wrong way) glad there will be no newstuff this week cos it's my turn and I've only just got my connection up and running after network problems

hmm, I guess that worked out pretty well after all. But deathz0r might need help for this week anyways...

Bloodshedder said:

hmm, I guess that worked out pretty well after all. But deathz0r might need help for this week anyways...

I'd be willing to help out if he needs it.

Jespin said:
Hopefully he won't be killed by some damn looters.

Why, they're invading Texas now?