Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Interview about some movie

There has also been a lot of early misinformation floating around on the internet about the picture... I saw people saying that there weren't any demons...

Good news. Not that I was ever criticising the movie based solely on information from questionable sources or incomplete information from good ones (trailers are previews designed not give everything away after all). No, we're all too intelligent for that.

No Cacodemons was something I was expecting from day one, there's no way they could've gotten it right without spending a lot of money on some decent CG.

baronofhell said:

So he mentioned there's gonna be some classic doom stuff in the movie? Hmmm, wonder what he's talking about? Any ideas?

i think he means we get to watch the first third of the movie for free, but have to pay $29.99 by snail mail to watch the rest.

when it hits video, if you're lucky the DVD player'll run it at extremely low-res and you don't see anyone's back. if you're unlucky you'll get a "NOT ENOUGH CONVENTIONAL MEMORY" error. then it crashes to C:/.

baronofhell said:

So he mentioned there's gonna be some classic doom stuff in the movie? Hmmm, wonder what he's talking about? Any ideas?

Well, it could show a doom guy taking a break playing doom. Or, there could be a big ouch face on the screen when some guy is killed.

Considering what the rest of the interview is about, I'd guess that some of the classic monster designs might be returning. The Baron, perhaps?

I'm actually half way getting excited about this movie. I know it has the Rock in it, but it might be entertaining anyways. I've already convinced my girlfriend to go to it with me... not hard since she loves doom... But yeah, I'm surely going to be there on opening night, waiting to see if it sucks or not. I'm still not sure about those first person shots, they didn't quite look right in the trailer. But it might still be entertaining. Even if there's no caco's. Seemed like the people involved with it actually cared about the game, so it may be good. Or at least not complete shit.

Ralphis said:

No cacos :(

I'm feeling better about the movie now though as it draws closer

I agree. We were hearing some very negative stuff about it a while back but the trailers that have come out recently have been quite encouraging.

I am very excited to see the movie now after the trailer and this interview, though I'm not completely sold on whether it will be a hit or not; I won't be suprised if it's as bad as the D&D movie, but I would be suprised if it becomes a hit (e.g. better than most other video-game to theater adaptions). I'm glad that they're using the FPS camera as homage to the gameplay, that should make the movie memorable to audiences.

If it has nothing to do with DooM I probably wouldn't mind because the movie looks like a decent sci-fi action pic anyway.

Funny, how when I first heard about the Doom movie, it sounded like the worst idea ever, but over time, it's been sounding better and better. Well, hopefully it'll at least be entertaining. Damn, suddenly have a craving to go watch Aliens.

. . . I hope that there is a Manc, or Manc . . . ish type monster, as angry obese things are awesome. Case in point, the fat zombie chick from Dawn of the Dead 04', and the fat demon chick from that House movie back in 1986

The Rock being in it never gave me any worries, watching the Rundown gave me great faith in his acting abilities.

The fps sequences though... ugh. I don't know if that can be forgiven.

So the movie will have actual demons in there? Interesting - I suppose messing with those "final 10%" of the human genome, calls the "inner demon" of human beings forth and makes the demon take control over the body or some stuff like that.

Or perhaps the demons DO come through the teleporters and the genome thingy fits in elsewhere.

Next question: We've got demons, will our hero(es) go to Hell?

Now that I think about it...

This movie would be awesome if our characters do take a trip to Hell (either in one like Constantine or like DooM³). Somehow I can see that part absent from the movie to fit in with the story they've seem to have shown us so far, though.

I think the possibility of Hell, along with the FPS camera, will make or break the movie for me.

I really hope the director isn't just tooting his own horn, in the hopes more people will go and see it.

I'll buy my ticket with baited breath .. :P

WTF ... we see movies with fantastic CGI like Lord Of The Rings, Star Wars III, AVP, War Of The Worlds, and countless others (they are the only that come to mind right now) with all these incerdible creatures, effects and environments... yet this guy reckons it's not possible to do a little floating head monster thingy?

I find that hard to believe...

yeah but you can always see what monster is rendered and what monsters not.

i mean animators seem to have an obsession with over-emphasised movement. Like a monster almost needing to move his arm just because he's turning his neck.

well i had my hopes up by this interview too, but then i stumbled over this thingie.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/2005/doom/doom17.php

anyone else making the connection "Humane genome mapping mutating guy in a wheelchair into a much discussed pinky with wheels"?

The real problem I have with that picture is, despite what the guy says in the interview, the CGI in that pic looks really shit. Perhaps it will work in a movie, but the chair is so obviously rendered and the general composition of it, well, it's laughable. It's almost like something done in Truespace with half a man photoshopped on top.

Also, I simply don't want to think about the wheelchair guy's various biological functions too deeply either.

No it's just the fact the in the trailer some "marines" point their gunmounted flashlight toward some person going "hey sarge, are you allright" or so, And the person in question opens up a few new rows of eyes A' la Imp-stylah. thusly a hint towards mutation I feel.

And then this guy with the "pinky ass"

just it worries me that so many indicators of mutation of humans are there.. I'll still go see the movie but it will be with a fair share of skeptisism.

It does quite look like the soulsphere I imagined but then again my version has a little bit more hellish look over it, and not the
"man-made look, like something from the abyss"

Mutation is fine, so long as it still has Marines fighting Demons, as Marines fighting both Demons and Muties has both bases covered

I don't understand why people don't already know that the Pinky guy mutates into a demon, I knew that long ago somehow. I think the screenwriter specifically mentioned it at some point.