Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
F8al 4ce

Deadliest Creature

Bloodshedder said:

I think you're mistakenly assuming the exoskeleton would get no thicker.

I think he probably did take it into account. But you still have to consider the mass within versus the vessel holding it = the larger the surface area, the less pressure it can actually withstand.

Doom Dude said:
a man-sized badger.

The wolverine is as close as you get.

pilottobombadier said:

Or - here's a wild one - a man-sized...MAN

Boooring....ZZZZ,

man is dangerous I'll warrant but nowhere near something like a man-sized carnivorous dinosaur even, just because he can kill one, doesn't make him more dangerous. And don't talk to me about ruining the land and stuff, we're talking about physical harm caused to others. Maybe man does it most because he is the most abundant species, (aside from ants and insects, which I'm sure do more killing proportionately, or exponentially) so put it in perspective.

I think a man sized blob of amoeba would be dangerous, at least, if you fell into it.

The only thing that makes man more powerful than other species is our technology, without it there are quite a lot of animals to fear. Even little ones.

A swarm of man sized paranah?

I still challenge anyone to kill a man-sized ant without some sort of automatic weapon and marksmanship skills, considering they move very fast and erratic. that thing would be gnawing off your head before you can say "Raid".

Xanthier said:

I still challenge anyone to kill a man-sized ant without some sort of automatic weapon and marksmanship skills, considering they move very fast and erratic. that thing would be gnawing off your head before you can say "Raid".

Okey,

/wait's for the lungless beast to collapse from suffocation and over heating from it's lack of lungs and super heavy exo-skeleteton.
/Pulls out two cans of piff-paff
/sprays into ant's face
/kicks it in the teeth.

Oh you mean without natural processes?

/Pulls out two cans of piff-paff.

Get him to take two of these and call me in the morning. :P

okay then, lets say your the size of an ant, and one ant is coming at you.

Janderson said:

Okey,...

Get him to take two of these and call me in the morning. :P

that's the tricky part- Good luck! ;)

m0l0t0v said:

OK, it doesn't fit the description completely, but it's deadly none the less...

You only need to watch old scifi movies to find out how scary giant monsters are...
giant crab monsters
giant ants
giant mantis (4th article from the top)
giant worm
giant ape
etc...

Sci-Fi = science fiction, not science fact. And the most dangerous man-sized creature, if it were alive would probably be the deinonychus (the velociraptor was actually only 3 ft. tall).

A deadly creature eh? I got it, killer wasps with heat seakers and breather masks, now the water isn't even safe...

pilottobombadier said:

(the velociraptor was actually only 3 ft. tall).

You have no idea how much that film pissed me off because of that fact. It still pisses me off today. It's like when my uncle told me a teradon was a pteradactyl...grr,

lets say your the size of an ant, and one ant is coming at you.

I would fashion a howitzer out of newspaper and then... I'd........ okay you win :(

Xanthier said:

The funny part is that to be "fair", you should have to face it naked (as another living being), no shoes, no shirt, no pants. Just scary to think what could happen if instead of biting your toes or legs it decides to bite your...

A flying agressive bug is still more dangerous for me, they are very fast even as small as they are, and have multiple eyes. Ultra fast reflexes and agility, even with extremely diferences in size we have trouble when we try to capture one (without using any kind of tool, or without the trick of "catching them when they try to pass a glass").

Don't fuck with the penguins man. Especially the ones that live in the desert.

I still challenge anyone to kill a man-sized ant without some sort of automatic weapon and marksmanship skills, considering they move very fast and erratic.

One of the episodes in Star Trek called "Arena" deals with such a 'fair' battle between captain Kirk and a human sized lizard. The lizard resorts to brute force whereas Kirk manages to create explosives from the chemicals he gathers from the planets surfaces. Humans vs Lizards: 1-0

Humans are a resourceful species, a quality that should not be underestimated.

Sci-Fi = science fiction, not science fact

That's heresy!

Don't fuck with the penguins man

Didn't Frank Zappa write a song on that?! :-P

m0l0t0v said:

One of the episodes in Star Trek called "Arena" deals with such a 'fair' battle between captain Kirk and a human sized lizard. The lizard resorts to brute force whereas Kirk manages to create explosives from the chemicals he gathers from the planets surfaces. Humans vs Lizards: 1-0

Humans are a resourceful species, a quality that should not be underestimated.

That's heresy!

Didn't Frank Zappa write a song on that?! :-P

That is a famous and, IMO lame, star trek episode, and it was a lizard-man if I remember correctly, and he is put there by someone who wants him to use his wits to win the battle, he just happens to have all the components to make an explosive gun, including even some kind of hollowed out fibrous shaft from a plant or something, and gun powder, or the equivalent.

had it actually been in like a Roman colliseum type arena and a really lizard, it would have been far more interesting and pertinent to this discussion.

Xanthier said:

That is a famous and, IMO lame, star trek episode, and it was a lizard-man if I remember correctly, and he is put there by someone who wants him to use his wits to win the battle, he just happens to have all the components to make an explosive gun, including even some kind of hollowed out fibrous shaft from a plant or something, and gun powder, or the equivalent.

had it actually been in like a Roman colliseum type arena and a really lizard, it would have been far more interesting and pertinent to this discussion.

the roman collosseum was hardly about fair. A guy with a knife and shield vs. a guy with a net and trident? Get real.

pilottobombadier said:

the roman collosseum was hardly about fair. A guy with a knife and shield vs. a guy with a net and trident? Get real.

There are people who survived Gladiator events with only the punjab laso - just a rope fashioned into a noose - while up against sheilds, armour and spears.

It's not the weapons at hand that decide victory it is the method you use, at least with ancient weapons. Now with guns, thats unfair.

Doom Dude said:

Crap, I forgot about the Wolverine somehow.

A hairy man in spandex is something to fear.