Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

Capitalization Poll

If I need to capitalize something I just fetch the Caps Lock key a whack and voila!
CAPSLOCKED

I'm exclusively a left-shift man. Back in the days of keyboard-only Dooming, I used the right-shift key for running.

Almost always left shift. I use the left Ctrl key so much (for cut/copy/paste) that it's just the natural one to use. The right shift key is one of the least worn on the whole keyboard.

I never use Caps Lock for capitalizing individual letters. That would seem an odd thing to do. And given that block capitals are ugly in almost any situation, it is a key that doesn't see much action generally.

It's a key that sees more action than you roflol

I use the shift keys appropriately. Right-shift for all the left keys and left-shift for all the right keys. I used to have the bad habit of only using the right-shift key, strangely enough.

I mainly use the right shift key for capitalizing the begining of a sentence or for single words, and rarely use caps lock unless i accidently hit it by mistake (witch drives me nuts) also cant stand anything else lit on my keyboard besides "num loCK" IF EITHER "SCROLL LOCK" OR "CAPS LOCK" IS LIT THEN I KNOW SOMETHING IS WRONG. one game i use the left shift key for, and thats about it..

I use the left shift key exclusively and I don't think I've used capslock except for long ranting yells in chatrooms. usally when I'm typing in an informal way, like forums or im's, I normally only capitalize the word "I". I really don't know why I do that. :P

I never noticed before but I think pretty much only use right shift, except for using left shirt or capslock for functions in a game. I hate capslock. The fact that the light on my keyboard gets toggled when I turn on autorun in dosDoom/EDGE annoys me.

I want a keyboard that tells me what my most commonly pressed keys are.

F8al 4ce said:
lol, my shift key is sometimes taped down for doom multiplayer...........

In Doom, Doom2 and Final DOOM's Doom2 setting joyb_speed to 29 in you CFG file will cause the player to always run.

ducon said:

Maybe this one?

I seriously doubt that's real. Either that, or it's a prototype or something. Either way it'd be a fucking awesome keyboard to have.

Oh, and on topic: I mostly use Left Shift for everything.