Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
psyren

Help with new project

I'm working on an (almost) total conversion of Blood for Doom2. I have most of the enemies, textures, music, sounds and the first demo map finished.

Please take a look at it - http://numerometria.com/BLUD006.ZIP (770kb)

The homepage for the project for more info is here - http://numerometria.com/blood.htm

I'd like to invite anyone interested to help out so it can be at least 8 - 12 maps. I could also still use help with new enemies and maybe getting some more weapons converted.

So far it isn't source-port specific as I don't know any of that special stuff. This map seems to play and look best in ZDoomGL and Risen3D though.

Anyway, check it out. :)

Many thanks.

greetings!!!

Nice to your wad... Im the one who gave you the sprites for the weapons and the monsters.

Good lookin!!
Thats a good work.... Can you take more screens???

Will there be dehacked skull kicking? >) jk
Would be cool if you did that, though it would kill its vanilla support.

Looks pretty neat to me, never played blood before but I know the game.
It looks promising, and im sure someone could offer you some help.
Keep up the good work.

It's possible that you could take several of the weapons from Blood (and other fitting replacements) and replace Doom's weapon sprites with them without any DeHackEd work required...I could put together a simple weapon skin WAD for you if you think you need it.

Many thanks for the feedback :) (chaos)corpse got me started with the Thompson sprites he made before I figured out how to get them working, and that got me into dehacked which made most of this possible. :)

The wad has been updated again and you can get all the screens you want. :) (I don't like waiting for lots of pics to load in forums so I imagined most others don't either.)

I'm not real wise with WhackEd2 that I'm using. If I could find a way to kick heads and break vases I certainly would do so.

The project has just begun and only two others have volunteered to help map so far. I know NOTHING about ZDoom or Risen3D editing that could make this more authentic.

A flamethrower has been added and dehacked. I'd very much like any suggestions and help at all, like possiblilites for the pitchfork and maybe modifying a grenade launcher patch to throw dynamite. (I think the flare pistol is impossible - but who knows?) I have all the sprites but not the knowledge.

I wanted to add more original enemies, but they all have melee attacks and again I don't know enough to be able to get them working. Plus, I left my discs in the States so I'm working with the shareware version only. :(

Please play the demo map and consider helping out. :)

Jehar said:

Will there be dehacked skull kicking? >) jk
Would be cool if you did that, though it would kill its vanilla support.

Actually, it's quite possible. But it'd be a bit different from how it's done in Blood. But you can do it.