Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CacoDoomer

Doom Movie Questions

1. What do you think of the footage so far?
2. Do you think you'll like it or dislike it?
3. What do you think of the FPS sequences?

So far, I'm pretty sure the acting is gonna be lame for the most part. The FPS sequence looks pretty good, the music playing gets me pumped up! I only hope there's more monsters besides those shown, and the imps better throw fireballs!!

1. Good, but not great...a definite "meh".

2. Depends if Hell is in it, it's really the only factor.

3. Revolutionary, fun, new, as long as they don't go overboard or use it at inane moments, it should be fine.

I couldn't care less if hell is in it as long as the demons are from there. I think fitting hell in there for it's sake might be cramming too much into one movie and is better left for a sequel. what if all three episodes of doom were in 1 episode? utter shit I say.

1) Good I liked the looks of the monsters, it was nice and dark.

2) Dunno I hope it will remind me alot to the game.

3) Very good its an nice idea, as long they don't use it too often.

The fps sequence is supposed to be only 6 minutes long towards the end of the film. Oh yeah, the imps better throw fireballs!!!! They're not imps if they don't!!!

The only thing even remotely "good" or "impressive" for that matter are the FPS scenes. Everything else? Not satisfied. No, the sets do NOT look "straight outta DooM 3." No, the monsters don't even really look straight outta doom. Most of the weapons dont even look similar, despite the BS being spread by the films designers and producers about "how close to the game we wanted it to be." Please. If ANYONE thinks that this crap is anything like the game (besides the FPS stuff and the exterior shot of the Mars complex) then, uh...yeah.

And one more thing...cuz I just thought about this yesterday...If the scientists at this "Olduvai" complex (sounds so retarded, jesus) are "mapping the human genome," and basically just doing genetic work...Why the f*** are they way the hell out at Mars??? It made ALOT more sense when it was scientists testing warp tech or excavating alien artifacts.

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say none of us really know exactly what's going on. Most of the time trailers don't reviel the movie's entire plot. I'm hoping that's the case here.

Xanthier said:

I couldn't care less if hell is in it as long as the demons are from there.

perhaps it sounded like I was being specific, I didn't mean they actually go to Hell, I meant it to be a little broader, like Hell's influence and the creatures actually being demons. I agree, but like I said, Hell (or its creatures) has to show or at least be hinted to...otherwise, it simply isn't Doom.

So all monsters didn't came out of an teleporter that is connected to hell.
But instead its just an virus that mutated humans into these monsters.
Sounds like resident evil to me.

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

perhaps it sounded like I was being specific, I didn't mean they actually go to Hell, I meant it to be a little broader, like Hell's influence and the creatures actually being demons. I agree, but like I said, Hell (or its creatures) has to show or at least be hinted to...otherwise, it simply isn't Doom.

Well, I did think you were being specific, but in that case I agree with you sir, it would NOT be DOOM.

They are calling them demons, so they better not disappoint.

Xanthier said:

I couldn't care less...

Yay, someone got it right for once! Back on topic...

1. Footage so far:
Awful, apart from the wheelchair guy shot, which I thought looked quite good (I like the textured metal look of the Mars base). Dialog I can see is going to be just as lame and hackneyed as Episode III.

2. Will I like it:
Like the Matrix Revolutions, probably hate it for it's cringe-inducing dialog and sub-standard acting. But admire it for it's visual effects including a (hopefully) good depiction of Hell.

3. FPS sequences:
This amused me initially, and I found it quite original. As long as they are used sparingly and not taken too seriously, they could be interesting.

Xanthier said:

Well, I did think you were being specific, but in that case I agree with you sir, it would NOT be DOOM.

They are calling them demons, so they better not disappoint.

Where are they officially being called "demons?" I've heard/read "monsters" but thats about it. Plus...I'm not really sure how mapping the human genome and people mutating because of a virus has anything to do with demons. And even if it does, fuck it. I really dont have any interest in seeing a "resident evil 3."

I agree with Trilinear.

Well here's some funny trivia for You. The genetic code of UAC is the anticodon for the ribonucleicacid known as Tyrosine. Tyr is the Norse god of war. And Mars represents the god of war... freaky huh?

Further more the word Norse can be found in the word Tyrosine.

Prime said:

Where are they officially being called "demons?" I've heard/read "monsters" but thats about it. Plus...I'm not really sure how mapping the human genome and people mutating because of a virus has anything to do with demons. And even if it does, fuck it. I really dont have any interest in seeing a "resident evil 3."

I agree with Trilinear.

In the interviews they keep referring to them as "demons" and making references to "hell".

Xanthier said:

In the interviews they keep referring to them as "demons" and making references to "hell".

Well, they sure haven't said that in the trailer.

Big mistake on their part.

Oh, and "and all Hell breaks loose" doesn't count for shit in this case.

Prime said:

Well, they sure haven't said that in the trailer.

Big mistake on their part.

Oh, and "and all Hell breaks loose" doesn't count for shit in this case.

Christ almighty, dude! Lighten up. That's the whole point of trailers and teasers, to only scratch the surface of what the movie's all about.

To answer the questions:

1. I think the footage is OK from what I've seen. Visually it looks pretty cool, of course I'm a stickler for tech-sci-fi anyway. I'm a Star Trek and Star Wars fan after all.

2. Regardless of how close it'll stick to the game, I have a feeling I'm going to love it for the sheer fact that it IS going to be nothing more than an action-packed shoot-fest. You can't live on fine art alone ;)

3. I do think the FPS sequences are pretty neat, and you can't knock the film makers for at least making it an original sequence and not something lifted from the game just for the sake of putting it in there to justify saying it's a movie based on the game (like what they did in House of the Dead, ugh!).

Or with the second resident evil movie, with that chick that looked exactly like the character from the earlier RES games. She was hot though, made the movie watchable LOLZ

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but what about this female co-lead I've heard about? Does anyone know if thise is going to be Arlene Sanders from the novellas or someone different?

1. preety Okay. I want about 40 f-bombs no matter what.

2.I'll like it, as long as they let me in the theater. (i got denied an AO version of San Andreas and i'm 5 feet 10 inches!) I expect that it'll be better than all other game films. I predict 2 or 3 stars, but defenitely not 1. It seems they put a lot of work into it.

3. Absolutely crappy. In "Tales from the crypt" this was also used, because Humphrey Bogart was the star and he was dead, so they used first person (not shooter, i don't think) and used eye shots from his previous films to make it more realistic.

Guardian said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but what about this female co-lead I've heard about? Does anyone know if thise is going to be Arlene Sanders from the novellas or someone different?

Since it's based on Doom 3 and not the original Doom (or the novels for that matter), no, it's not Arlene. I think maybe you're thinking of Sam Grimm, the lead guy's sister, and she's played by Rosamund Pike.

Texas Libra said:

Since it's based on Doom 3 and not the original Doom (or the novels for that matter), no, it's not Arlene. I think maybe you're thinking of Sam Grimm, the lead guy's sister, and she's played by Rosamund Pike.

You could be right. I just remember reading out a supposed female co-lead and automatically deduced, "Oh, wow, a movie version of Arlene Sanders! How exciting!"

You know, now that you mention it, for the longest time I always thought Demi Moore was going to play Arlene when there were plans to make a movie out of the first novel. I also thought Lori Petty would've made a good one too since she's younger, I think (anybody who's seen In The Army Now knows what I mean).

I don't know about the rest of you, but having seen Mr. & Mrs. Smith with a guy-buddy, I think Angelina Jolie would get a good wow-factor . . .

I'm not sure what to think. One the one hand, I've been waiting for a Doom movie since the late 90's, so I'm mostly just excited that there's going to be a Doom movie, period. On the other hand, the lack of any real references to hell and the fact that it's based on Doom 3 rather than the original Doom makes me a little edgy. The enemies end up looking more like monsters than demons, since hardly any of Doom 3's enemies have horns. Anyway, to answer the questions:

I like what I see. I don't know if it looks "straight out of Doom 3" but it looks impressive enough that I didn't shudder or cringe, so that's a good sign. I did find myself getting rather pumped up when I saw the extended trailer.

I'm pretty sure I'll like it simply because it's Doom related, as long as they don't stick some shitty, out of place rock music in it (some death metal would be nice however...)

Pretty fucking cool, I must admit. I hear the sequences will last a total of 10 minutes. That seems overkill, but I'll be looking forward to it nonetheless.

I think it looks pretty cool, can't wait untill it's out.

Well, I'm going to like it. if they made the storyline exactly like doom, it'd fucking suck(doom being an awesome game nonwithstanding. it just had no storyline. :D). Lets face it, with the exception of Doom 3, Doom had no storyline whatsoever except for those inbetween screens you got after beating an episode. Now, if they made the movie like D3.. that'd be wicked. but they decided not to and instead mixed it up a little. I think I'm going to like it.

They look really cool. They did them right, at least thats what I think.

BiteToBreakSkin said:
Lets face it, with the exception of Doom 3, Doom had no storyline whatsoever except for those inbetween screens you got after beating an episode.

DOOM and DOOM 3 had pretty much the same story, except that DOOM 3 went into more detail with the objectives along the way (a la Quake 2) which isn't too useful for a movie script, except perhaps for a few characters and referential tidbits, and added a cheesy bad guy voice taunting the hero along the way (I bet that'll make it to the movie.) The DOOM backdrop story (plus the game, of course) gives the DOOM frame and picture quite well.

It's good to hear they'll be deviating from the DOOM 3 storyline to a degree... we already know those details and they would bore us. A more vague but otherwise solid story gives the writers and directors more room for their imagination and the requirements of the (movie) medium, and indeed more room to give a few classic touches.

Well, well, well . . .

I finally saw a trailer for DOOM on the telvision.

Right now, I don't care how bad it's likely going to be in the theater. It's DOOM! They got the name-icon-thing right. Stuff is parallel to that in DOOM3.

Like I did with Starship Troopers, I'll likely be shelling out my fair share of twenty bucks at least three times, if not more. Horray for well-paying jobs!

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, what worries me isn't the quality of the movie itself, but rather what will happen to Doom afterwards since they're considering making a franchise out of it. I just hope it doesn't follow a similar fate that many somewhat edgy movies have become: saturday morning cartoon series'.

I saw the trailer for the first time on TV. oh crap, timelined 2 posts ago, doh!

your kind of obsessed with hell goatlord...horns don't necessarily make a demon, rhinos don't look particularly demonic, it's the goat similarities that help however, and I wish D3 would've had more horned monsters, err demons :)