Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CacoDoomer

Doom Movie Questions

Texas Libra said:

I just hope it doesn't follow a similar fate that many somewhat edgy movies have become: saturday morning cartoon series'.

2-D DOOM3 pinkie on the television! Mom, look what followed me home! Can I keep it?

Texas Libra said:

I mean, seriously, look what happened to such movie "franchises" such as Ghostbusters, Conan, Robocop, etc.

Your point is taken. Truly, it will be a sad day indeed if DOOM goes kiddie. But something tells me that the remaining id'ers aren't going to let that happen, not by a long shot.

id'ers? I always got the greatest id'ers

Come on though, I liked the ghostbusters cartoon, don't tell me that the movies weren't campy as hell, not dark and serious, so the translation was inevitable. Now Robocop on the other hand, was dark, and gritty, and violent.
Though the 2nd one may have been less. They didn't even make a third. But when did it become a cartoon?

I mean even aliens had action figures, as does Batman Begins now, I recently saw, so preventing that kind of thing is impossible and a minor issue. There will be Doom movie action figures. A
franchise? possible, though I hope they abandon it should the movie tank. cartoon, mini-series? I don't think so.

On a related not Fantastic 4 is already out of theaters, bad sign. I didn't waste money on it.

Xanthier said:

id'ers? I always got the greatest id'ers

id'ers as in the people behind id, perhaps I should have made that more clear. :-P

Come on though, I liked the ghostbusters cartoon, don't tell me that the movies weren't campy as hell, not dark and serious, so the translation was inevitable. Now Robocop on the other hand, was dark, and gritty, and violent.
Though the 2nd one may have been less. They didn't even make a third. But when did it become a cartoon?

Allow me to attempt to explain. ;) I'm a toy/action figure aficionado. Robocop, as dark as it was, still had a key central figure: robot. Man-robot. Man-robot-cop. In the '80's, as I'm sure quite a few of us can remember, robot-things were a freakin' big huge market. Transformers, anyone?

So it didn't matter how dark the films were. It didn't matter parents wouldn't take their kids to see the film. Getting the toy was the next best thing, because then you could act out the movie in your room and terrorize your sisters Barbie dolls. Clich├ęd as it sounds, don't tell me you don't have fond memories of that. ;)

I mean even aliens had action figures, as does Batman Begins now, I recently saw, so preventing that kind of thing is impossible and a minor issue. There will be Doom movie action figures. A franchise? possible, though I hope they abandon it should the movie tank. cartoon, mini-series? I don't think so.

Whoever was responsible for the initial Aliens line (I think it was Kenner), they went above and beyond the movie. In fact, I still have my one and only Aliens toy, the bull-alien. I'm sad I can't find any of the initial toys on E-Bay or elsewhere; the new ones, while pretty, just aren't the type of toy I'm looking for. :(

I want DOOM action figures. I've wanted them ever since the pixelated mayhem came out in the mid-'90s. I was floored when Resaurus released some Duke Nukem figures. My dream is to see a collection of DOOM3 monsters packaeged with either a PVC, pewter, or small figure version of their pixelated cousins. DOOM collecter's pack. Yeah, I'd be all over that.

On a related not Fantastic 4 is already out of theaters, bad sign. I didn't waste money on it.

I enjoyed it. I saw it with a friend of mine and some of his buddies. Wasn't it out for at least a month, though? I'd say that's a general run for most movies. Or am I mistaken?

1. What do you think of the footage so far?
I think the footage so far looks quite promising.

2. Do you think you'll like it or dislike it?
I think i will like it. I may dislike some of the story elements but i'm not too sure until i've seen the finished product. I hope i walk out of the cinema loving the movie and hoping for a sequel.

3. What do you think of the FPS sequences?
I think the FPS sequences shown so far look ok, but not great. I hope they pollish it up before the movie is released.

----

I am personally looking forward to action figures aswell. Not to play with, but for the collectible side of things. I hope First4Figures do a good job on them.

I also wouldn't mind if they made a cartoon series of DOOM. As long as they keep it along the same kind of story as either the games or the movies. It will get a next generation of people into DOOM. Spread it as much as possible i say! As long as they don't turn it into shit.

Ricki said:

I am personally looking forward to action figures aswell. Not to play with, but for the collectible side of things. I hope First4Figures do a good job on them.

I've never heard of First4Figures. Are they picking up the franchise, or was that just wishful thinking on your part?

I also wouldn't mind if they made a cartoon series of DOOM. As long as they keep it along the same kind of story as either the games or the movies. It will get a next generation of people into DOOM. Spread it as much as possible i say! As long as they don't turn it into shit.

Well, if it's an American cartoon, likely it will turn into shit. The last cartoon I remember actually enjoying was -- Static Shock. And even that had its campy elements.

If someone in Japan picked up DOOM as an anime --- well, I think that'd be kindah neat. Maximum carnage!

Guardian said:

If someone in Japan picked up DOOM as an anime --- well, I think that'd be kindah neat. Maximum carnage!

I can't help but think "Doom Comic" here.

Guardian said:

I've never heard of First4Figures. Are they picking up the franchise, or was that just wishful thinking on your part?

I hadn't heard of them before until i found out they were doing the Doom movie figures. Take a look here at the url below. They have a preview of their HellKnight figure.

http://www.first4figures.com/productlist.asp?rangeid=4&seriesid=5

It is the same company who makes GI JOE apparently.

TheDarkArchon said:

I can't help but think "Doom Comic" here.

Mainly because they don't seem to have as much of a censor 'problem' as there is here in the States. DOOM's supposed to be bloody. No television network, except maybe Cartoon Network with its Adult Swim, would be caught dead airing a DOOM'toon in all its bloody glory.

Ricki said:

I hadn't heard of them before until i found out they were doing the Doom movie figures. Take a look here at the url below. They have a preview of their HellKnight figure . . . It's the same company who makes GI JOE apparently

. . . Hasbro is proprietor of the GI JOE license. Is this First4Figures company a subsidiary?

baronofhell said:

Robocop did have a part 3. Didn't see it though, and I know nothing of it. But I'm pretty sure there was one..Yep, just googled it.

heh, it was a piece of crap. robocop was played by someone else and they have these cyborg ninjas and ocp buys all of detoit and theres a revelution that robocop joins..... so crap. they also had a live action series that lasted about a season or two. pretty dark stuff.

I doubt doom would be made into anything for tv though, but I hope they make action figures. super-poseable imp versus the sarge (the rock) with "bio-force gun" and peoples eyebrow action.