Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

Looking for some decoration sprites...

Mainly office chairs and other office related items, I need for my next level. can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

There's some good office chairs in Doom Alpha 0.4, and there's also chairs, lamps, and computers (that can be destroyed) in HacX.

eh?

you mean draw my own or something?I have PSP for that, I just wanted a quick solution so I don't have to use ugly square chairs.

Xanthier said:

to convert them to sprites you mean?

Yes :

Make screenshots in a model viewer from the angle you like.

Make the resolution to sprite resolution.

convert colors to the palette used in the game.

And make the background color the invisible color for sprites.

And yes it is a big job, but your sprites are unique and self made.

Greetings.

It's not too big of a job the problem is my crappy computer doesn't support models so I may as well just sprite them myself, I'm not a half-bad artist so...

thanks anyway though. ;)

Xanthier said:

It's not too big of a job the problem is my crappy computer doesn't support models so I may as well just sprite them myself, I'm not a half-bad artist so...

thanks anyway though. ;)

I can make some screenshots for you if you like, and send it to you by email ( you must make them to sprites then ).

greetings.

If you're just going to make decorations. Then models are a waste of time. Better to draw an image on paper and scan and then process in photoshop.

Here's a quick example I made out of one of my drawings.

kristus said:

If you're just going to make decorations. Then models are a waste of time.

If you want sprites from 4 different angels, I think that is easier with a model then when you must make 4 drawings.

or do you want to look to the chair from the same angle true the hole the level ?.

And what a waste of time ? the models are already there.

Greetings.

Nice sprite you made there kristus, looks like some kind of evil wizard :)
You should make more frames from that one, it would be an cool monster to use imo.

sitters said:

If you want sprites from 4 different angels, I think that is easier with a model then when you must make 4 drawings.

or do you want to look to the chair from the same angle true the hole the level ?.

And what a waste of time ? the models are already there.

Greetings.

Personally, I think it's a terrible idea to make angles for static/decorative sprites. Just makes them look like they are moving.

And it would be a waste of time to make NEW models just to make them into a one image sprite. But since you already have the object he's looking for, it's easy to make it into a sprite. But then again, he could do the same with a photo from a chair reseller.

kristus said:

But then again, he could do the same with a photo from a chair reseller.

That's what I had started doing :P

kristus said:

Personally, I think it's a terrible idea to make angles for static/decorative sprites. Just makes them look like they are moving.

And it would be a waste of time to make NEW models just to make them into a one image sprite. But since you already have the object he's looking for, it's easy to make it into a sprite. But then again, he could do the same with a photo from a chair reseller.

You right, when you making a sprite with a 3D look, it is like they are moving in the game ( they turn with the camera ).
And yes if hey has a digital camera then the best way is to make photos and turn them to sprites.

it is what Xanthier likes.

Greetings.