Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geekmarine

New level: Kappa Base

Looks nice and plays well too. Its a bit on the easy side, but there's enough challenge to make it interesting.

Nice map you have made geekmarine, I liked playing it.
I did find only one small bug, an 3dstart thing appeared somewhere in the map.
Im using an older version of Zdoom btw, but I think you would like to know this.

Easy? I thought it was rather tough, heh. Had to notch down the difficulty to be able to finish it. Then again, that's probably me. :(

Nice detail and lighting, too.

I thought it was pretty tough, too...I ran out of shells and died trying to pistol my way through some barons. <____<

In terms of detail, there's a ton of it and it looks really good. The theme seems to waver a bit at some points with some interesting texture choices, but overall it works. Also, I couldn't help but notice a lot of misaligned textures, including a switch texture that was cut off in the middle. Maybe it's just Legacy being weird or something, if no one else has commented on this...? o_o

Mike

I haven't had any problems with running out of ammo with the hell knights and barons, but I was forced to fist a few demons after getting the key. Ammo problems began to get serious at the area with the cacodemons especially with them blocking the way.

On a more positive note, nice detail and layout.

Error 404: File Not Found

The web page you requested was not found on this server.

Bah... Anyone else know any good hosts? And I apologize for the fact that it does not apparently work correctly in Legacy; I only tested it in Zdoom, so sorry about that, though I'm really not sure why it should be problematic in Legacy. Oh well... Glad people enjoyed it.

SSWolfenSie said:

Uhh, the link is broken O.O

Grazza said:

Copy shortcut (right click on the link) and paste it into the address bar in your browser.

It is a nice level, good challenge, ok detail and good flow. My only nitpicks are: lighting is a bit bland and I would have liked a berserk for all the demons, but the ammo balance is just right. Good work geekmarine I had fun playing :)

Nice map. Good fun, well paced, looks good. I like all the "damaged" areas. I thought they were especially well done. Wouldn't describe it as a "just a small little tech base" though. It's a reasonable size.

Very nice map. I really enjoyed it :)
Liked the RoTT esque music as well.

geekmarine said:

Bah... Anyone else know any good hosts? And I apologize for the fact that it does not apparently work correctly in Legacy; I only tested it in Zdoom, so sorry about that, though I'm really not sure why it should be problematic in Legacy. Oh well... Glad people enjoyed it.

http://www.rapidshare.de

Wow, six younger sisters?
I thought I was screwed with the 2 sisters and 1 brother I have :/

Anyway, I liked you map... It wasn´t perfect, but still very enjoyable... keep it up!

That wad was good but a tad difficult for my skill level, next time don't neglect the intermediate players. I died many many times, mainly at the arachs, cacos, and archvile(in the beginning). I was always low on ammo and in fact as the last bullet rang out of my chaingun, the mancubus dropped dead(luckily) and I beat the level with 0 ammo leftover, and halfway through I was pretty conservative with it. several times I had to use my fists and it was kinda ugly, a berserker kit would've balanced it out a bit more. the ammo would have fine with one. I left a few spectres alive.

I loved the Castlevania medley music. where did it come from and why wasn't it credited in the text file? Overall solid level. Better than mine, how long have you been making them? I didn't find any secrets though, I'll have to play it again :)

nice map. a bit challenging for me on UV, but still fun. the arch-vile early in the map threw me for a loop, but I took advantage of the dead bodies to get cheap shots and more ammo. great layout and detail. ammo is a little thin though. and like the other guys said a berserk pack would have been a good touch.

Oh, I would like to apologize for the lower skill levels possibly being too difficult. Honestly, I had spent I don't know how much time playing and replaying that level over and over again in UV to get the balance just right, and after I was done with that, I had no desire whatsoever to go through and do it all again for the lower skills. And yes, a berserk might have been useful, but I didn't want to throw off the ammo balance (I wanted it to be kinda tight).

geekmarine said:

Oh, I would like to apologize for the lower skill levels possibly being too difficult. Honestly, I had spent I don't know how much time playing and replaying that level over and over again in UV to get the balance just right, and after I was done with that, I had no desire whatsoever to go through and do it all again for the lower skills. And yes, a berserk might have been useful, but I didn't want to throw off the ammo balance (I wanted it to be kinda tight).

I can never really be bothered balancing it for anything other than UV. I only ever playtest on UV. I normlally just make less monsters appear in lower skill levels, not worrying about the balance.

And as for ammo on the level... I did run out when there were loads of demons around.. and fist fighting them was a bit of an arse.

Also... theres a lack of secret areas. Not a biggie (depends if you like them or not) but I like rewarding people that like exploring/deducing things. I normally try and make them more difficult to find that just pressing space on every wall.

Chainsaw said:

Also... theres a lack of secret areas. Not a biggie (depends if you like them or not) but I like rewarding people that like exploring/deducing things. I normally try and make them more difficult to find that just pressing space on every wall.

I agree with everything you said, and I do the same for my secrets.