Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mogul

First MGS4 shots are out

Looks pretty awesome. This reminds me of the leap between MGS's graphics and MGS2's graphics.

http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/playstation3/metalgearsolid4/scan01.jpg

http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/playstation3/metalgearsolid4/scan02.jpg

http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/playstation3/metalgearsolid4/scan03.jpg

EDIT: Here is an IGN article that goes explains a little about what's in the Famitsu magazine that the scans are from.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/650/650853p1.html

Kinda not likin Snake's white mustache...reminds me of my evil band teacher. Otherwise awesome.

Saw these on Gamespot, am loving it... not in a 'gay for Snake' way though.
>.>
<.<
Anyway I hear the trailer is shown tommorow too. Can't wait.

I really doubt the second shot is Snake himself. If the guy in the 3rd shot is Octacon, hes around the same age as Snake in the MGS games (except 3, which disappointed me). Looks like it could be a variant of Big Boss maybe?

I'm sure that's Snake.

He goes through age acceleration or something because of his genes. At least, that's what I can remember.

That's why in the end of the tanker chapter Ocelot... I mean, Liquid tells Snake he's aged poorly.

meh, whatever. Lost my interest of MGS ater playing MGS 2. Was not impressed at all by anything other than ther graphics. I'ma gameplay guy - if a game is short, I'm not happy. MGS 2 could be beaten in about 2 hours; in fact it had more cutscene footage than gameplay, iirc.

Lizardcommando said:

Looks pretty fucking badass. But that mustache of his... Ehh, shoulda been a beard at least.

Some believe that you can grow and shave your facial hair... why you would want to beats me but at least now you can hope.

And as for it being Big Boss, the patch is on the wrong eye... and people say the patch is a camera(?!). It could be a repaired Solidus, although that is unlikely.

Oh and MGS3 is James Bond themed jungle action with a 5 hour minimum gameplay and shorter cutscenes, I'd say it's worth a look!

From what I heard, the eye patch is really a control system for a mini metal gear. (Supposedly, it's the same mini metal gear from Snatcher, one of Kojima's older games)

Yeah, that mini-Metal Gear looks like it could bring back some good ol' Snatcher memories. If it has a personality like the old Mark II, I can see some hilarious easter eggs (because we all know how much Kojima loves his easter eggs...)

pilottobombadier said:

meh, whatever. Lost my interest of MGS ater playing MGS 2. Was not impressed at all by anything other than ther graphics. I'ma gameplay guy - if a game is short, I'm not happy. MGS 2 could be beaten in about 2 hours; in fact it had more cutscene footage than gameplay, iirc.

I agree with the above statement, but I enjoyed what gameplay there was so much that I was hungry for more. Metal Gear solid 3 was totally AMAZING, and you really should not deprive yourself of a chance to play this awesome piece of work. SERIOUSLY.

So... that cound be big boss, but it could also be an aged snake? Hmm...

I hope this one is better than #3. I got 3/4 through snake eater till I lost interest in it. It was fun being able to beat that old sniper dude by saving the game in the middle of battle, and forwarding the PS2 clock by 2 weeks.

The one thing I hated about MSG3 was that "river of souls" where all the people you killed soul's would be there. The more you killed, the longer it was, and since me and my friend killed a bunch, it was agonizingly long.