Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kinkyfriend

Meanworlds Game Project

Meanworlds is a project aimed to recreate the feel that Blakestone delivered but is not inteded to be Blakestone or any other doom-like game. it is solely being made by the lone gunman and that is me myself.
As I speak there are about 615 textures and 420 flats done and around 5 maps almost finished. I have no sprites finished yet however that will come in time. At the time being it works like a mod but that is obviously going to change because this will have nothing to do with Doom other than the fact that it works like Doom. Doesn't play like Doom.

Here are two shots for you people. Not too great shots however...

http://www.geocities.com/kinkyfriend85/

Anyway, If you're in need of more detail about this project just ask me for it. If you have any questions email me at kinkyfriend at gmail.com. it'd also be cool if this project could have an own "forum" here. But I don't have too many hopes for that ;)

In actuality, those rooms are not that detailed, but those textures create a pueso-detailed look to them, that it works quite well.

Chrono_T said:

In actuality, those rooms are not that detailed, but those textures create a pueso-detailed look to them, that it works quite well.

Yeah I don't try to use too much detail and the maps will be oriignal doom friendly maps. No special triggers or any effect that is special for zdoom or any other port. And yeah I would like to think of my textures as nice though these on the screens are far from the best ones. And I also try to aim at gameplay rather than over-detail :)

BlackFish said:

who's the creater of these textures, you?

I make everything totally on my own, and from scratch of course. All graphics and maps will be released under GPL as soon as I get it released ;) So that means you are going to get to use it without my knowledge and I cannot even ask for credits even if I would be happy to get some but thats no need and I wont and can't force anything.

Thanks for all the support, it makes me very happy to get some! And if everything goes fine, I might show some more screens later tonight or something, I've been doing some weapon and I also have taken some photos which I will play around with :)

Since I couldn't release any new screens that night nor yet as I have been updating a lot of textures and flat and I must say they look A lot much better now. I also have 1 totally finished weapon and another that is almost finished and I have several more in the making. But I will try to get some texture showoff- screen release today, and also some shot of the weapon. I am not sure if I will get the weapon in action since I will have to make new sequence names for it. As I will need for several texture series :/
I can say one thing for sure, I've pushed this project a lot further the last few days, what was for it back then is nothing in comparison to now! As I have also learned more of how the Doom pal is like it as well gives me an opportunity to make a lot better textures.

http://www.geocities.com/kinkyfriend85/
Check chainsaw.jpg and sometex.jpg

I've added compression because I don't want the images to be spread before the game is actually done. And I know even if some wouldn't like to admit it, there are nobodies who would more than anything be willing to spend some time on getting it into their wad no matter what if they may or may not. As until the project is out, it is MAY NOT. Just too bad these kind of people can't learn imaging themselves and must always freeload :( Anyway here you go and I hope you enjoy them, Ps! thats only about 150 textures and I have a 620-630.

It looks good - I like the "gritty" feel that the textures deliver. I look forward to seeing this one, because I liked the Blake Stone games.

Of course this will use own weapons, this is a game project and not a mod nor just a texture pack. I am working hard to make this complete as soon as possible :)

Kinkyfriend said:

Of course this will use own weapons, this is a game project and not a mod nor just a texture pack. I am working hard to make this complete as soon as possible :)

I assume your implying TC or PC.

Xanthier said:

I assume your implying TC or PC.

No like I've said before this will be an own game only that it will use same kind of code and be playable by most engines. I wont have different kind of mapping code as since I want this to run on all engines and the fact that I lack the knowledge of coding.

I shouldnt have to keep on saying that this is no Total conversion or partial conversion. This is in fact a game and will run as an own independent iwad. You wont need doom at all to run this. This is a game.

Chrono_T said:

Heh, once you are done with this "game", you shoud release the weapons seprate from the textures, like a weapon mod.

I am afraid that I wont do it myself, one reason is because they will use own name sequences and to make it work you would have to make maps especially for the stuff - the pickups wouldnt be loaded in doom maps. etc... And since I dont think there is any reason really then i wont. If you want to do it on your own then you are free to do so later :)

Kinkyfriend said:

No like I've said before this will be an own game only that it will use same kind of code and be playable by most engines. I wont have different kind of mapping code as since I want this to run on all engines and the fact that I lack the knowledge of coding.

I shouldnt have to keep on saying that this is no Total conversion or partial conversion. This is in fact a game and will run as an own independent iwad. You wont need doom at all to run this. This is a game.

Um okay, but I couldn't find where you had said this previously, so chill.

Xanthier said:

Um okay, but I couldn't find where you had said this previously, so chill.

Sorry mate, didnt write it to look as me having a temper :) Must have written some word that make it look like so, keep dooming.

Well thats sad to hear.

Ah well, i'll probly use the sprites to make a weapon mod of me own one day, credits to you of course.

I like those textures :) I'll be keeping my eye on this indeed promising project.