Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr_Ian

Doom Comic - A Dramatic Rendition

Sadly, you might be waiting a while... I hope someone can help me! At least someone has to help me with the sound, I've never figured out how to sync sound with image properly in flash... although in this cartoon it's just going to be one long sound pretty much, the mp3 available on this thread.

As mentioned before, the voice acting is terrible. The script is just being recited in a real annoying voice. But it suits the comic all too well.

Oh man, I haven't laughed so hard in a LONG time. That will forever be on my iPod, on my computer and eventually downloaded into my brain. Though, I can see my self running around yelling "RIP AND TEAR!" in a psychotic frenzy... Not that I don't do that already. Hehe-ha! Anyway, that was freakin' great.

>>>>
7. Page 12 has the worst continuty ever.
First panel: The plasma rifle is right in front of him in front of some nukage (no environmentalist rant? :( also he starts coming out with colloquialisms from Newcastle in England?!??)
<<<<

I think he's supposed to be talking in Scottish; "I'm all about" (which should be "aboot") is a Scotism and although "reet" as a synonym for "right" is popular in Yorkshire etc it is also used in Scotland. I doubt that the writers of the Doom comic are aware that Newcastle exists. I assume it wasn't written by Marvel UK.

On the same page the Doom matelot talks about "heavy ordinance", which is a typo; he should have said "ordnance":
http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/ordinance.html

I understand that criticising the Doom comic for spelling errors is futile.

FRICK YES! JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
marine on mars! it freaken pwns! i will listen to it 24/7 while doom
mapping! it pwns! it pwns! it freaken pwns! BFG9000 OH YES!

Somehow, this mp3 reminds me why I loved Doom so much back in the early 90's. Maybe because this guy sounded a lot like the thoughts going through my head when I was running and gunning throughout the game.

I like so much the Doom Comic that I printed it, and the Doom Drama is so cool that I burned a CD with it (the quality helped, too) and made a tape from the CD to listen to in my car :-p

I also started making similar clips after I heard it, culminating in a very similar one.

I already posted it on Doomworld forums some days ago, but it went relatively ignore. Here is the original post..

If you like mine or my associates' voices in that one, I could take a shot at a complete remake of the Doom Drama ;-)