Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

Can I use Mp3s in Zdoom?

you can use mp3s in ZDoom and many other ports, but 0GG would be a better format performance wize. just load the music into your wad with any lump name you want and use mapinfo to reference it as your level's music.

also be sure its not copywrited material.

Ok, So if you have an MP3, but not an ogg format of a song, how would one go about converting it (talking about good conversion for ... well free :P) Any idea?

If you already have an MP3 there's no use converting it. Conversion from one lossy format into another will always degrade the quality. ZDoom can handle both formats equally well.

Graf Zahl said:

ZDoom can handle both formats equally well.

oh really? i seem to remember that zdoom's performace dropped with mp3s, but i suppose that was way back in the .63 days. good to know thats been fixed.

MasterOfPuppets said:

oh really? i seem to remember that zdoom's performace dropped with mp3s, but i suppose that was way back in the .63 days. good to know thats been fixed.

ZDoom uses FMOD to play them. AFAIK there have never been any performance problems with them. At least I never encountered some and I use a lot of MP3's with Doom.