Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dco16

Serious Sam II demo

... is quite possibly the best thing in the history of the universe. Take out the jumping puzzle, and you have perfection in gaming. Go play it. Ling will hate it, but so what?

The game has more ACTION than ACTION Doom.

myk said:

They plan to release the game on DOOM II's birthday.

Blasphemy!

Played it. I liked it, and will most likely get the full game. (And that 'get' is even probably a 'buy'). But some things annoyed me a little like those little flying things which are really kinda difficult to shoot sometimes.

And I Prefer the weapon styling in the first one. The "Auto Shotgun" looks absolutely nothing like a shotgun. :/

I played it and hated it.
Serious Sam1 had excellent weapons, monsters and sounds.
This one sucks in all possible categories.

I'm not going to judge monsters yet because we only see two. The scorpion monster and soldiers. I think what soured some of the game was the city map.

What a terrible demo. Terrible graphics, terrible visual styling, boring movement physics, poor music, and even the interface is more complicated than it should be.

Just a pitiful heap of junk.

I played it and plan to buy the full game, as it's only one or two games that I was really anticipating (the other being F.E.A.R.). I'd have to wager that the progression isn't an accurate representation of the final product, since almost all of the games weapons were introduced in rapid succession within that tiny level. The goof-factor also did not bother me much, either.

However, they somehow broke the controls menu... unusual in that they apparently didn't notice that this is a step backwards compared to the first two entries in the series. Also, a criticism I had with Quake 3 returns here in the form of weak-sounding weapons.

I dunno what you guys are smoking. This game is awesome. Tons of shit to blow up (even on skill normal), lots of weapons, nice music, and it looks great.

i hate it

it's too consolized

- netrisca bitch with overexaggerated accent talking in your head
- total lack of sam one-liners and personality, because of the netrisca bitch again
- repeated structures and architecture makes the environment appear monotonous
- limited freedom in movement, you can't jump off a ledge :(
- secret areas are too obvious, and the bitch comments on them
- too halo-ish, i.e. offhand thrown grenades, charging blaster, talking netrisca bitch
- the NETRISCA has been totally stripped from information usefulness. Now it just states the lame mission objectives that you probably read through twice at the loading screen.
- "full level" way too short.
- player movement too slow
- the new stylized Serious Sam sucks.
- game too easy, even in serious difficulty.
- monsters are more annoying than fun. Floaters are stupid, and the generated arachnidesque creatures are stupid too

overall, feels rushed imo. We should really blame the majority of dumb Xbox gamers who can't aim for dumbing down the Serious Sam as we know it.

I'll second every one of CheapAlert's comments - and I'll also add that the menus are absolutely irritating (especially scrolling through the controls and video settings menus, and since when do you have to bind all four directions of mouse movement? [oops, you moved the mouse a millimeter north while trying to push it east, I'm going to screw over your mouse movements now]).