Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ismaele

Italian DooM - Episode 1: The Lost Colony

"The Italian Team" has fixed some bugs in "Italian DooM - Episode 1: The Lost Colony", like a ZDoom compatiblity problem (now the .WAD works correctly with every ZDoom version higher than 2.0.63a, so that the problem related to the "generator puzzle" of the 3rd level has been solved) and other minor enhancements, regarding texture misalignments and gameplay imperfections.
The new .WAD file has been uploaded on "Outpost of Doom 2" (http://www.webalice.it/sposito.lag) and is going to be uploaded also on the archives.

ruffj05 said:

the screens look great, just one question, why is it called italian doom?

Quoted for the exact same thing I would say. Interesting project, scripted stuff and puzzles, a definite plus in my book. I'll play it soon for mapping inspiration (and fun of course).

Thank you for playing "Italian DooM - Episode 1: The Lost Colony"! :) We (members of "The Italian Team") are waiting for your feeback, comments, opinions, thoughts, suggestions and bug report about this first episode, so that we can make the second episode, that we are working on, better than its prequel! ;)

"Italian DooM" and "Italian Team" names have been choosed because all the levels are entirely made by Italian Doomers. ;)

P.S.: You are free to take inspiration from our .WADs, as long as you don't use our levels as bases to build additional levels.

You got an alternate download link for the new version? I've been trying all day and it keeps cutting out on me and i get an unfinished download, even with a download manager.

@ Dennis: I am sorry to let you know that the link works perfectly and I was successful with downloading it with Mozilla Firefox. I just suggest that you try this browser, that is the best one, in my opinion.

Ismaele said:

@ Dennis: I am sorry to let you know that the link works perfectly and I was successful with downloading it with Mozilla Firefox. I just suggest that you try this browser, that is the best one, in my opinion.

Actually what's the file date on the latest version? Is it October 20th, 2005, 11:55AM because i may have had the updated version this whole time.

A new version of "Italian DooM - Episode 1: The Lost Colony"(with just one bug fix: the correction of a missing texture in map04) has just been published on my site, "Outpost of Doom 2": http://www.webalice.it/sposito.lag. So I suggest that you download that one, dated 5th November.