Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goliath

New Hobbit Human found

Man, this is so terribly timeline. National Geographic even had a major article on this early in the year, which was pretty interesting if you can find a copy.

You can find the original thread about this here.

Goliath said:

I haven't posted in a while but felt that this was worth coming back for....

No, it really isn't.

Why can't we have Stegodons now? Think of anything more cool than owning a pony-sized elephant and I'll give you a lollipop.

Quasar said:

Why can't we have Stegodons now? Think of anything more cool than owning a pony-sized elephant and I'll give you a lollipop.

haha, yeah. I saw those in an article too, best animal ever. Flores actually had those, too. I can just imagine these little guys riding around on one hunting stuff. That would make a cute photograph.

Guardian said:

I hope you're being sarcastic. :-P

Never! Unless you are a def... I mean vertically challenged.... I... I mean Dwarf...uh :(

Yea, just kidding, but I think a carnivorous whale-sized shark would be fairly cool.

/Dreams of Jaws, <sigh>

sargebaldy said:

haha, yeah. I saw those in an article too, best animal ever. Flores actually had those, too. I can just imagine these little guys riding around on one hunting stuff. That would make a cute photograph.

I actualy think shovel-tuskers are cooler. (Maybe they're the same thing, I dunno.)

Danarchy said:

I actualy think shovel-tuskers are cooler. (Maybe they're the same thing, I dunno.)

No, that's Platybelodons and Amebelodons, although yeah, they're pretty interesting too.

Janderson said:

Never! Unless you are a def... I mean vertically challenged.... I... I mean Dwarf...uh :(

If that CSI episode has any merit, the "official" PC terms are dwarf and/or little person/people.

AirRaid said:

Fuck that. If I was a midget I'd hate to be called a "little person".

Note that I said two supposedly PC terms. ;)