Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

A little salty

Eh... I guess that puppy would do pretty well in a zoo.

When I lived in the country we had a dog (a golden retriever called Dragon) that was genuinely insane, always intent on hunting down farm animals, who knows for what. he'd go against poultry (often leaving them partly featherless, sometimes dead), ducks, pigs, sheep, horses. Anything, anywhere. He was also epileptic like his mother, and they both died of seizures.

As for swalowing, I think that dog would swallow (or try to) toads, which would usually piss in his mouth, causing him to gag and foam profusely.

I haven't swallowed anything really nasty, but with my brother we consumed a whole jar of those small pink sweet aspirins when were were like 5-7 or so. And the first time I was given chewing gum I swallowed it. Had no idea the point was just to chew it.

my dogs never swallowed anything weird, at least not to my knowledge. when I was working at tower video years ago, dogs weren't allowed in the store so this guy sent his wife in for a few videos while he stood near the door. it was raining outside so we gave him a break. the village voice that week had an ad insert that was a "bar napkin" with "writing" advertising some alcohol. they ended up all over the floor by the entrance. for some reason that dog must have thought one of them looked yummy because he pretty much inhaled it, and the owner didn't even notice.

I think the weirdest thing I've ever swallowed were ants when I was about three or four years old. it's one of my earliest memories. my family and I were in a seafood place in a booth by the window. a line of ants were coming in through a gap in the corner of the window and I ate like a few before my mother noticed.

I have this vague memory of trying to eat poo once . . . Or maybe it was my brother . . .

Yeah, it was my brother, when he was three or so. It was caught on tape (camcorder back then), my mother screamed so loud . . . *snickers*

VileSlay said:

I think the weirdest thing I've ever swallowed were ants when I was about three or four years old. it's one of my earliest memories. my family and I were in a seafood place in a booth by the window. a line of ants were coming in through a gap in the corner of the window and I ate like a few before my mother noticed.

I can remember doing that, but it was on accident more than on purpose, mostly because I was deathly afraid of ants because of an incident that happened to me as a child. Anyway, I seem to remember eating an ant by mistake because I was chewing on some toys that had been outside in the backyard. The only thing I can remember about that experience was that ants are surprisingly juicy and that they don't taste too bad.

I thougth from the title that Ralphis was finaly coming out. Oh well.

Once one of my cats vomited out almost an entire hobo spider. That's gotta be something you don't want to eat. I think the nastiest thign i ever swallowed was whiskey, which I'm doing right now. The nastiest looking thing I swallowed was a whole grilled squid tentacle. It actualy tasted really good though.

Danarchy said:

I think the nastiest thign i ever swallowed was whiskey

if you want to go with nasty things that intoxicate you, I think psylocibin mushrooms have got to be the nastiest thing I ever swallowed. they did give me some good time times, but they tasted like shit. I haven't done anything intoxicating-wise besides drinking in quite a long time. I stick with jameson's and guinness for my good times now.

my brother did try and swallow a fish from our fishtank when he was three, BTW.

Just got over a head cold and found out my cat likes to eat used tissue... came home one day to find he'd dug all the way to the bottom of my waste basket to pull my snot rags out and eat em'. GROSS!

about 10 years ago before we moved to Chicago from Houston, we had a dog that, at a party, ate a hot dog. It survived, but i still don't know why dogs can't eat chocolate.

DooMer87 said:

about 10 years ago before we moved to Chicago from Houston, we had a dog that, at a party, ate a hot dog. It survived, but i still don't know why dogs can't eat chocolate.

THAT'S AMAZING!

(I hope you meant swallowed);)

MacWadMaker said:

Just got over a head cold and found out my cat likes to eat used tissue... came home one day to find he'd dug all the way to the bottom of my waste basket to pull my snot rags out and eat em'. GROSS!

My dog is the exact same way. Used tissues, new tissues, the box itself, the trash can, he'll take it all on.

I have a cat who ate bunnies and gophers, and another one who ate dragonflies and potato chips. Really I always found the second cat more disgusting like that, because the sounds are just terrible. Also I can still picture her holding a dragonfly in both paws and stuffing it into her mouth bite after bite *shudders*.

The only animals I can remember my old dog would eat were garter snakes.

sargebaldy said:

I had a cat who ate bunnies and gophers, and another one who ate dragonflies (the latter was disgusting to watch or listen to).

The only animals I can remember my old dog would eat were garter snakes.

Well, technically, the cat is a hunter, I think originally used for rodents, and rabbits and gophers are considered rodents, so . . .

Seems more logical than icky tissues with nasty, bacteria-filled mucus in them. ;)

WildWeasel said:
I ate a post-it note once (after someone wrote on it, "EAT THIS NOTE")

Dammit. I knew I should have written "GIVE CAPTAIN RED MONEY" on it.

About twelve or so years ago I had a dog named Jack. Jack would every day, and without fail, attempt to eat his own body wastes. He never learned that you're not supposed to do that, and that stuff like that obviously isn't going to taste very good. It's not like we starved him or anything, but that's a dog for you.
Then one day he got hit by a car and that was the end of him :(

Guardian said:

I have this vague memory of trying to eat poo once . . . Or maybe it was my brother . . .

Yeah, it was my brother, when he was three or so. It was caught on tape (camcorder back then), my mother screamed so loud . . . *snickers*

So... whose pet are you, anyway?

One of my dogs stole a plastic basket and hid the bastard in a thick growth of Japanese dog wood and used to cough up ridiculously huge chunks of chewed plastic until we found the shredded basket. Whew! I'm suprised shes not dead. My other dog eats rose petals, not sure if thats healthy though. Well, it deffinitly isn't for the plant.

Danarchy said:

I thougth from the title that Ralphis was finaly coming out. Oh well.

He still is.

When I was younger, we had a series of Laborador Retrievers (house-bred black Labs are still the best damn dog for your money) and they had a knack for eating socks. If you were so inclined, you could take a shovel out to the backyard, pick up a shat-out sock, dump it in the washer and have your sock back.

We always bought new ones, though. Weird, I know. There are probably still a collection of socks in my parent's yard.

In fact, one dog Arthur would eat just about anything that wasn't bigger than his head-- except Jell-O.

sargebaldy said:

Oh, also my dog ate through half a cement wall over the course of a few years.

probably wore it away by licking and scraping powder away with his teeth, as opposed to actually biting chunks off and chewing them- which would break teeth.

it's like that toe of st. peter the monks would kiss everyday and after several years it was worn away into nothing.

I remember my sister had a welsh corgie and one day my niece was running around and her diaper was falling down and a chunk fell out which the dog promptly gobbled up- that was sick.

I think with me it was Lego.

I lost a couple of the small useful ones over my early years as I often held them in my mouth whilst building the other bits my only conclusion is that I ate them :\

pritch said:

I think with me it was Lego.

I lost a couple of the small useful ones over my early years as I often held them in my mouth whilst building the other bits my only conclusion is that I ate them :\

Didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with your food?

Guardian said:

Well, technically, the cat is a hunter, I think originally used for rodents, and rabbits and gophers are considered rodents, so . . .

Yeah, cats actualy prey on more species than any other animal on the planet. It's probably mostly because they are domesticated so are everywhere you find humans, but the fact that they are awesome hunters helps. I heard somewhere that they can take down animals twice their size.

Any animal that's dumb enough to eat it's own shit immediately after it has a bowel movement is an animal that I want nothing to do with.