Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheLazenby

Doom 64 prototype scans?

Guardian said:

My God, I might actually have that issue. An old friend gave it to me, I think. I'll try and find it.

But -- isn't it against Forum rules to post magazine scans?

I used to have that issue. I remember getting it...it had a Mancubus on the front.

I used to have the Nintendo Power issues that ran through one episode an issue, then it ran through the SNES version again afterwards. It had some nice hi-rez shots of the models, and some of the textures to. To bad their gone.

niguel said:

in those screenshots with the mist... is that monster a fucking gargantuan or just too close????

Just too darn close. It's hard to tell in those scans.

Yeah, I'm wondering what that weapon is in the first scan, and why it was removed. Too bad nobody's found the early prototype scans yet. :(

Guardian said:

The issue I have, the one with the DOOM64 Cyberdemon on the cover flanked by some Lost Souls, has a couple screenshots comparing DOOM64's look to the pixelated versions you'd have found on the PC back then. Maybe that's what you remember GoatLoard?

Either that, but I suddenly have this flashback image of the pixelated/PC-DOOM on some short-lived console . . . Started with a 'P,' I think . . . And I don't think it was the Playstation . . .

3D0? The Genesis 32x adapter? Atari Jaguar? Sega Saturn? Dreamcast? Yeah, I know they don't start with "P" :D

I have that Nintendo Power somewhere... I'll see if I can dig it out after school. I don't remember seeing anything out of the ordinary in it, screenshot wise, though.

The interview on the Doom Depot site mentions some prototype screenshots with weird Egyptian looking levels that didn't resemble anything that made it into the final game. Hmmm...

balanco01 said:

3D0? The Genesis 32x adapter? Atari Jaguar? Sega Saturn? Dreamcast? Yeah, I know they don't start with "P" :D

Well I did say that I thought it started with a 'P,' but my memory has proven me wrong at times. I don't think it was the Dreamcast; wasn't that console's graphics relatively okay? I remember playing Soul Caliber on it once, and it seemed rather nice, graphics-wise . . .

I think it might have been the Atari Jaguar; that sounds vaguely familiar. Thanks. ;-P