Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tek

Slow forum....

What's up? This forum isn't too lively....even with all these great stories getting posted it's like a graveyard over here! I suppose that's fitting, given Doom's premise, but come on! This forum needs some life force-fed into it!

What's up? This forum isn't too lively....even with all these great stories getting posted it's like a graveyard over here! I suppose that's fitting, given Doom's premise, but come on! This forum needs some life force-fed into it!

I'd be posting more often, but I've got all my idea-making essence drained into RPing.

Okay.
But be warned, the html layout sucks so it might get confusing at times...but it should work out okay. It's long, too.

Bah, no one reads my stories anyway. They're too long or something.

Just because nobody comments on it doesn't mean nobody's read it.

That SECOND column is the number of people who have read it, not the FIRST column.

Well, the one big story I posted was linked from another web page, it wasn't actually on this site so I have no idea how many people actually read it.

In my opinion, if you're doing this for notoriety, you're in for the wrong reason ;).

I like to do this as practice for a career as a writer (I would argue that I'm coming along nicely ;)).

You guys all have great ideas too; I particularly liked the skulltag chronicles. it's just that not many people are showing much initiative anymore--the forum's become a little stagnant.

I particularly liked the skulltag chronicles.

Well thanks! I am thinking up the next one and it should be done soon.

In my opinion, if you're doing this for notoriety, you're in for the wrong reason ;).

I like to do this as practice for a career as a writer (I would argue that I'm coming along nicely ;)).

I dunno, I just hate writing something that I want someone to read if no one is gonna read it.

Yeah, that's my dream career too, 'cept I haven't written any serious doom fanfiction, hell, I haven't written much doom fanfiction at all, just a coupla comedies, and people are angsting for the third installment.

You guys all have great ideas too; I particularly liked the skulltag chronicles. it's just that not many people are showing much initiative anymore--the forum's become a little stagnant.

My school football season is over so I'll have a lot more time to devote to writing, maybe I'll try to help you liven it up.

yay! liam and tek are the saviours of this forum!

Shut up and help me lift this rock to drop on BBG.

That's the spirit, Death!

But, Katgut, what's wrong with BBG? Why do you want to drop a rock on him?

That's the spirit, Death!

But, Katgut, what's wrong with BBG? Why do you want to drop a rock on him?

He's 90% of the reason this forum sucks.

No offense to him, but his stories are mediocre at best and his comedies are utterly horrible.

I want to be a writer too, but that will probably never happen (just look at my failed attempt). I would practise on writing here, but I've used up all my Doom-related ideas.

I don't think the forum is limiting you to just the Doom series. I might work on some Quake related story once I'm done with my Doom one...

And about BBG, he's not all that bad, though he could brush up on his spelling and grammar.

I want to be a writer too, but that will probably never happen (just look at my failed attempt). I would practise on writing here, but I've used up all my Doom-related ideas.

Eh, then you could work on the community story - it's far enough off of Doom as it is that you don't have to stick to Doom. I mean, metallic crabs, an eight-foot-tall humanoid that's NOT a Baron or a Hell Knight, a gatling gun, a shuttlecraft crash... we're talking the stuff of a fairly big TC here.

Seems like the community story that we had going has really started to die...pity...I rather liked it.

DC

yay! liam and tek are the saviours of this forum!

Shut up and help me lift this rock to drop on BBG.

sure thing.

/me puts in all his might to squash bbg

I've already done some work on the CS. I've posted on it five times, I think. And I agree, it doesn't stay very true to the Doom story ;). But I like it.

Eh, then you could work on the community story - it's far enough off of Doom as it is that you don't have to stick to Doom. I mean, metallic crabs, an eight-foot-tall humanoid that's NOT a Baron or a Hell Knight, a gatling gun, a shuttlecraft crash... we're talking the stuff of a fairly big TC here.

Hmmm... good point.
/me saunters back to the community story...

Seems like the community story that we had going has really started to die...pity...I rather liked it.

DC

Hush, it's getting good again. Finally. (I needed a week or so off to get the creative juices flowing again.)