Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dron

doom reborn

Doom Reborn is a project me and some other people have been working on for some time. tho I have kept it secret for some time. Anyway Doom Reborn is basically Doom1 remade with more detail and new rooms, and ZDoom features. "how is this different from KDiZD?" you may wonder. well, for one KDiZD is a remake of episode 1 of Doom. Doom Reborn remakes all the 36 levels of The Ultimate Doom.
Doom Reborn is NOT a rip off of KDiZD. I actually had the idea of remaking Doom for a long time but I didnt start the idea for a long time. besides maps Doom Reborn will also feature new monsters, remade (AND added) weapons, etc.
Besides me, there are also some pretty good mappers working on this. The mappers include, in no particular order, Ray/Edward who is making E1M5 and E3M1. Zap610 who is making E2M1 and E2M4. Sir Timberwolf who is making e1m3, and DoomBoy who is making E1M8. NMN is also the team artist.
While we dont really have a real site ATM the doom reborn forums are located here
and finally, here are several in-progress screenshots of Doom Reborn.
http://doomreborn.edoom.org/E1M4/DOOM0164.png
http://doomreborn.edoom.org/E1M4/DOOM0158.png
http://doomreborn.edoom.org/DOOM0134.png
http://doomreborn.edoom.org/DOOM0136.png
Please post comments, criticisms, etc. any commentary is welcomed, whether good or bad =)

I have to congratulate you whole-heartedly for keeping this under wraps, as i probably would have been very anxious for a while (until it came out).

Just reading what the project is about is setting me on edge here, if you can implement new weapons (well done with originality i hope), new music, and new well-done monsters...well damn it'll be a nice treat.

Good luck man, any idea how long till its debut?

Killionaire said:

I have to congratulate you whole-heartedly for keeping this under wraps, as i probably would have been very anxious for a while (until it came out).

Just reading what the project is about is setting me on edge here, if you can implement new weapons (well done with originality i hope), new music, and new well-done monsters...well damn it'll be a nice treat.

Good luck man, any idea how long till its debut?

thanks alot for the comments :D. the music is gonna consist of pretty good doom remixes from a certain site. the new weapons will be by xaser, he told me hes using decorate to add reloading and such to them, as well as adding new ones. and yes il do my best on the new monsters :P. im not exactly sure how long this will take tho. it might take a long time, but it WILL be released some day :P

Heh, thanks for the quick response, came back to edit my post but i guess i'll just ask it straight out.

How is jumping going to be handled? Is it going to be allowed or not. And if it is will it be *implemented* (ie. You actually HAVE to jump to get to places) or will it just not get you to places you should not be at yet.

It's pretty late here...so my bad if you can't understand what im trying to say.

Killionaire said:

How is jumping going to be handled? Is it going to be allowed or not. And if it is will it be *implemented* (ie. You actually HAVE to jump to get to places) or will it just not get you to places you should not be at yet.

yes jumping WILL be allowed, and also yes it will be required in some places to jump, no annoying jumping puzzles tho :P

this could well be a very interesting project. and the screenshots look very good indeed.

Looking forward to it.

Looks quite nice, but some of the shots, particularly 1 and 4, just look like the original maps with added detail (which is exactly what I'm worried about with kdizd too). And those lights in shot 2 must have the weakest bulbs ever :oP

The Flange Peddler said:

Looks quite nice, but some of the shots, particularly 1 and 4, just look like the original maps with added detail (which is exactly what I'm worried about with kdizd too). And those lights in shot 2 must have the weakest bulbs ever :oP

I would prefer being able to actually recognize the maps they're based off of, rather than not being able to recognize ANYTHING AT ALL (KDIZD).

Actually, I'd prefer just to play the original Doom the way it was originally made 11 years ago. :P

From what I can tell, the shots are oozing atmosphere. In that respect, if not more, I'm confident it will be very good. I've seen worse projects draw more praise than this one. Why?

Maybe I'm off the line, but is this KDZID or whatever about that way yet released?

Oh yea, this project looks interesting too.

What the hell is with the horrible naming conventions lately? "Doom Reborn?" That's so over-zealous and over-ambitious sounding that I want to kill and skullfuck your fucking mother.

Looks very promising. Any preview of the new monsters and weapons?

I'll probably play it after seeing it in newstuff or something, but sorry, it doesn't look like anything spectacular. Just another Doom wad with another theme thats been done over and over with detail that looks tacked on instead of incorporated into the architecture.

Sorry, just keepin it real.

Csonicgo said:

aaand, your point?

aaaand you fail it...

My point is that this project is at about the same level as that project, a project with the same name, basically the same purpous aswell as quality.

And make no mistakes, I put KDIZD, Doom3.1, Classic Doom, Doom2 for Doom3, Doom3 for Doom2 etc in the same category.

My point is, you all bore me.

kristus said:

Why should people strive to impress you?

kristus said:

aaaand you fail it...

My point is that this project is at about the same level as that project, a project with the same name, basically the same purpous aswell as quality.

And make no mistakes, I put KDIZD, Doom3.1, Classic Doom, Doom2 for Doom3, Doom3 for Doom2 etc in the same category.

aaaand you are just mindlessly rambling...
i love how your saying these 2 projects are the same thing. get your facts straight, the doom3 mod puts all the doom1 levels into doom3 accurately. my project remakes the doom1 levels in zdoom with more detail, new rooms, etc. oh yeah, and why should ANYONE care about if your bored by them or not? who are you, the king of the internets?!

No reason really, I'm just voicing my opinion.

Dron said:

please post comments, criticisms, etc. any commentary is welcomed, whether good or bad =)

From the guy who leaked the kdizd project comes.. another project that's exactly the same!

kristus said:

No reason really, I'm just voicing my opinion.

well, what is the point of saying doom reborn is like kdizd and doom1 because it remakes doom1? i already know that :P. yeah its not an original idea but, im not such a creative person :P.

I cannot wait to play this. Looks amazing. Too bad it's not finished right now...otherwise I'd be playing it right now.

I'm making two maps for this! :biggrin:

My objectives in making these two maps are to recapture the feeling of immersion that Doom could give you years ago, but which is sadly dampened now by the fact that the games appear primitive by today's standards. What with these maps not being my original work, I don't claim any credit for anything except the atmosphere.

No screenshots from me, I would have to get out of bed to make them. :P