Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

AV26 3-Way Co-op

VinceDSS said:

Zdoom ... oops ... I am not going to watch it

Just because it was recorded in ZDoom? Come on, that's pretty silly really, even if you don't like ZDoom. :) You don't have to use it yourself, after all.

That being said, to be honest, you're not missing terribly much. The run's more than twice as long as Drew's C-N record, and considering that it's a 3-player run, that's really rather disappointing. I watched the demo a few weeks ago, and much of it seems to be waiting, goofing around, missing shots and so on (if my memory serves me right).

I'd be surprised if it wasn't possible to do a proper 3-player run of this level in 10 minutes or so, actually (although I'm just guessing there, time-wise).

I certainly over react, I did use zDoom sometimes for wads like Deus Vult, TnT and Deadalus for example. Still it doesnt feel right to me, it is hard to explain but I don't get "doom feelings" out of it.

and most of all, I just hate these zDoom activists, they remind me of religious freaks that only think their truth is the right one.

zDoom is alright, it is just the community behind it that reeks, probably a little like the zDaemon community with its lousy fans.

Hmm, the best reasons to have ZDoom...

Action Doom
Claustrophobia
Cold as Hell (if it works right, now)
Caverns of Darkness (with Graf Zahl's patch)
Daedalus
Dark7, original and mission pack
Doom Raider
DSV series
Massmouth series
Project Slipgate
RTC3057
Simplicity
SuperSonicDoom (again, when it worked right)
Tormentor667's stuff, particular The City of The Damned
Void

Probably some others there... I actually use it as my default single player port now, though I'll use PrBoom for demo recording.

VinceDSS said:

and most of all, I just hate these zDoom activists, they remind me of religious freaks that only think their truth is the right one.

That's certainly true, unfortunately. I've pretty much stopped reading the ZDoom forums myself after reporting bugs - such as segfaults caused by WADs with errors in them - and being told that they're not bugs. wtf? A segfault is *always* a bug - bad data should be handled gracefully.

Well, it's their loss really. But I still use ZDoom for playing, as it generally feels nice to me - but maybe that's just because it's what I'm used to. :)

(Although, admittedly, right now, *all* DOOM ports feel rather weird to me - I've been playing lots of Spear of Destiny in the past couple of days, and now I have to get used to DOOM again).

I don't know if it's just me, but mouse control is so bad since Zdoom 2.xx that I find it to be hardly playable. Well, I mean, recording-wise. It's not that big of a problem when playing casually (though annoying). However, I don't think I could produce a good recording. Long story short, I play and enjoy Zdoom maps, but it's not likely I'll record in them.

Actually, I find mouse control to be uncomfortable in all windows-based ports that I have tried (I think even PrBoom 2.02). That's why I stick to Boom when playing casually (better sounds, virtually the same mouse control) and record with Doom2 or Boom.

Donce said:

I don't know if it's just me, but mouse control is so bad since Zdoom 2.xx that I find it to be hardly playable.

Might be... I'm purely a keyboarder myself, so I'm not really affected by the differences in mouse handling in different ports. :)

Donce said:
Actually, I find mouse control to be uncomfortable in all windows-based ports that I have tried (I think even PrBoom 2.02).

Same here; in my case it's because in Windows engines you don't get mouse acceleration. Chocolate Doom with an acceleration of 1.333333 seems pretty much okay for me (when I'm used to a standard serial mouse driver's default on Windows 98.) Thus, if any, my favorite version of ZDoom is 1.17c.