Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RiffRaff

doom movie book

i was in a Barnes and Noble yesterday, and i saw that there is a novelization of the doom movie on sale there. i didn't buy it and didn't have time to read it cause i was late for a bus, but the back stated that it was based on the movie.

perhaps this will provide the answers to various questions as to whether the movie will indeed involve hellspawn and whatnot.

so yeah, just thought i'd put that out there.

No, we already know that it involves "hellspawn and whatnot", what we don't know is how much hollywood will screw those up.

For those interested, Barnesandnoble.com has this page selling the book. Based on what else he's written, I'd guess he's got a good reputation (otherwise they probably wouldn't let him do this book).

I've seen the book in our backroom; I can't wait 'til we shelve it so I can get my copy.

Good or bad, amazing or tucking ferrible, it's one of those things you have to get. It's like having to see Return of the Sith just to say you've seen it and have complaint rights.

Guardian said:

It's like having to see Return of the Sith just to say you've seen it and have complaint rights.

For starters, what was there to complain about that movie?

Texas Libra said:

For starters, what was there to complain about that movie?

Are you joking?

Hey, don't get me wrong. Having seen the trailers, I was sure I owed LucasCorp an apology for repeatedly bashing the other two films.

As -- interesting at Revenge of the Sith was --- it did not completely live up to my expectations. Maybe because everyone knows what the heck's gonn . . . No, I remember what it was.

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!

It's been said that Anakin "lost his humanity" when the Emperor told him he had killed Padmé in his rage . . . But . . . What about all those "younglings" he killed before that?

Perhaps I should have used a slightly less-volatile analogy; here goes:

It's like voting for the sake of voting and then being able to complain aboutthings not going the way you voted. Otherwise, if you don't vote, what right have you to complain?

This has gone way off topic, but, I'm joining in on it anyway. Anakin didn't lose his "humanity" when the emperor told him about Padme. He began to lose it when his mother died. It just went downhill from there. Padme's death just sealed his fate.

ROTS was good, not great, but I did enjoy it very much. and the book was really really good cause it basically had what the move didn't good dialogue, and that was the movie's weakest point.

Don't know about the Doom book I will read it after seeing the movie.

An adaption to the comic would be far more interesting for me.

I just thought of something (back on topic):

Anybody who thinks that reading this book will excuse you from having to see the movie needs a reality check. It's a known fact that many book versions of movies have a few scenes and events that don't appear in the movie at all. In some rare cases the book can be almost completely different (e.g. Alan Dean Foster's novel of the 1982 version of "The Thing", which was based off an earlier screenplay and not the one shown in theaters).

And no, I wasn't joking about my last comment. Whoever thought I was needs a crash course in Fact vs. Opinion.

No offense to anybody, that is.

Texas Libra said:

No offense to anybody, that is.

None taken. :) Nothing wrong with a difference of opinion.

Anybody who thinks that reading this book will excuse you from having to see the movie needs a reality check.

I agree that books differ from movies, but I'm not sure they all differ so much from the movie itself. The one exception I can think of is ID4, which was actually a great book.

But otherwise . . . Mostly, it's been the otherway around; books to movies, so there's no need to write another book for the movie. And we all know how those turn out . . .