Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[KDiZD] Community Information Thread

Okay next question

I wonder Tormentor is gonna release a "Full Version" of Knee Deep in ZDoom, Shores of ZDoom, Inferno of ZDoom, and Thy ZDoom consumed all in one megawad by the time that all Epidsodes are finished?

@Lüt - Yeah, it really looks amazing, Björn did an awesome job on realistiv terrain generation on this one ;)

@Mivalekan - Well, I don't hope that this will take that long!

@Liberation - Don't worry, we are working hard on Gameplay right now!

@NightmareDoom - Well, no Doom2:Hell on ZDoom from us, the next step would be "Shores of ZDoom"! But afaik, someone else already started with an Doom2 remake, there is even some progress in a thread here at Doomworld as far as I can recall...!?

@CaptainRed - Yes, it's the BloodDemonGunOfUltimateHellDeathAndDestruction ;) Just kidding! These are two new Blood Demons!

@Snarboo - But this would be something totally different compared to KDiZD ;)

Yeah

but you didn't answer my question above your post. Is there going to be a "Full Version" that has all four epidsodes in one megawad? What about mimicing id software by symbolyically releasing KDIZD as the Shareware version while you guys work on both epidsodes one in the time until you release "The Retail" version (a mega wad that has all three epidsodes)...perhaps Thy ZDoom Consumed should come out later as a addon pack that goes by the name "The Ultimate ZDoom" (a megawad that has all four epidsodes).

You already asked that on ZDoom.org ;) Well, as soon as we have finished "The Final ZDoom" (ZEvolution and The Plutonia ZDoom are almost done), we will continue work on Hell on ZDoom and "The Master ZLevels" before we finish the full retail of "The Ultimate ZDoom".

Oh, did I already mention, that "ZHeretic: The Shadow of the Zerpent Riders" is still waiting for as?! Same goes to "Hexen : Beyond ZHeretic" and "Ztrife : Quest for ZSigil"

Okay, honestly, to do something like this, we need more mappers, more sprite artists, more texturers, more scripters, more sound artists.. well more from everything!

Tormentor667 said:

Okay, honestly, to do something like this, we need more mappers, more sprite artists, more texturers, more scripters, more sound artists.. well more from everything!

...and there's the problem. No project of this size will be able to attract sufficient contributors - mappers in particular. The time KDiZD is in the works now is the best proof for that.

Indeed, although "The Shores of ZDoom" and "ZHeretic : City of The Damned" is something I am really interested in... honestly... let's see what's going to happen :)

Well, if my fears come true, first the Arctic Wolf remake will fail due to lack of mappers, The Shores of ZDoom won't attract sufficient good mappers and the rest will never take off.

I sure hope that some people would work for these but AW is in dire need of mappers. Not much is happening there at the moment.

You forgoten that standalone Doom-Mod that shipped with some sort of cornflakes *g*

Bastet Furry said:

"Chex zDoom Quest" *g*

Someone's already creating "The Ultimate Chex Quest" for Legacy, so this won't make any sense ;) KDiZD is enough for now!

So Tormentor667 When will KDIZD be out and ready for download.

this is like the samething what 3drealms are doing with Duke nukem forever they say "WHEN ITS DONE"
ya right you say it will be done then all of a suden its not that really pizz me OFF

sorry for the inplessintness about my post but that dose make me mad

madmax said:

So Tormentor667 When will KDIZD be out and ready for download.

this is like the samething what 3drealms are doing with Duke nukem forever they say "WHEN ITS DONE"
ya right you say it will be done then all of a suden its not that really pizz me OFF

sorry for the inplessintness about my post but that dose make me mad

madmax all your posts are moronic.

<KidInCarOnLongJournyMode>
Is it released?
</KidInCarOnLongJournyMode>

(You wanted on topic ;) )

Great looking screens T667 im really impressed by them, only I hope to be able to recognize the original maps when playing.
Keep up the good work guys.

dutch devil said:

Great looking screens T667 im really impressed by them, only I hope to be able to recognize the original maps when playing.
Keep up the good work guys.

Don't worry, you will ;)

Damn, these looks nice. Makes my maps look like kids place. Love all the details and the Half-Life-like "shinies" you placed on the lights and stuff. Wish you guys can map for my project. Good work. Cant wait to play the finished thing.

Ezxariarch said:

Damn, these looks nice. Makes my maps look like kids place. Love all the details and the Half-Life-like "shinies" you placed on the lights and stuff. Wish you guys can map for my project. Good work. Cant wait to play the finished thing.

Well, right now, as long as KDiZD isn't finished, we can't map for other projects...but maybe you could sprite for KDiZD? Your work is impressive, without any doubt!!!

Mivalekan said:

How big of a file with KDiZD be? ;/

ZIPped something about ~30MB, but quite not sure... the soundtrack is 20MB and the unzipped data of maps, resources and stuff is 60MB (but that might decrease or increase while we are developing the maps and resources)

Why are the keys duplicated (or are they)? You guys don't actually have 12 keys in one map, do you?