Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

Re-return to castle wolfenstein on Xbox360

I'm still unsure about this one. I going to buy a 360 just cuz the last game system I bought was a n64.

But the thing is that I am a pc gamer fist a formost. The fist pc game that I played was Wolf3d. That is the game that made me a pc gamer in the fist place. To have a game that had the most impact on me and countless others some what "jump ship" to a console sort of pisses me off. I just hope its a great game or they are puting it on the pc.

Now I know how the Starcraft fans feal.

So what happened to id software doing something new and different like they said they were going to do?

AgentSpork said:

So what happened to id software doing something new and different like they said they were going to do?

Um, you seem to forget that Id merely licenses most properties now. This has nothing to do with Id other than they will make royalties off the game because they own the Wolfenstein copyright.

Same as they have extremely little to do with ET : Quake Wars or Quake 4.

Another good example of this practice is the Commander Keen GBA game, which they didn't make, merely licensed out the Commander Keen copyright.

BBG said:
This has nothing to do with Id other than they will make royalties off the game because they own the Wolfenstein copyright.

I wonder if they're (commercially and legally) acknowledging Silas Warner and Muse Software here, that they're using the actual name of the game Wolfenstein 3D was inspired on.

I was listening to a radio station on the way home tonight, and they were going through a "launch" list of games for the 360. Castle Wolfenstein and Quake 4 were one of them, and so was Gears of War. Not to sound stupid but, does this mean that all these games will be available the same day the 360 hits shelves?? I ask this because Castle Wolfenstein was just announced as heading to the new xbox!!!

I'm really curious as to what id's next new game will be.

I talked to Willits at Q'con 2004. He said they were getting started on new ideas...I wonder what they've come up with since then...and gone into development stages?

I predict the new project will be a random FPS generator. It will cost $50,000 and never ever become tiresome.

I remember reading their next game was going to be a fantasy game. And Carmack said it would be his last engine. Of course I'm most likely entirely wrong!

baronofhell said:

I was listening to a radio station on the way home tonight, and they were going through a "launch" list of games for the 360. Castle Wolfenstein and Quake 4 were one of them, and so was Gears of War. Not to sound stupid but, does this mean that all these games will be available the same day the 360 hits shelves?? I ask this because Castle Wolfenstein was just announced as heading to the new xbox!!!

Gears of war is scheduled for 2006. Wolfenstein was announced, but has not made progress yet. These are just games that were some of the first to be announnced.

myk said:

I wonder if they're (commercially and legally) acknowledging Silas Warner and Muse Software here, that they're using the actual name of the game Wolfenstein 3D was inspired on.

Silas Warner died sometime last year. Muse software no longer exists

I believe they actually got permission from Mr. Warner to use the Wolfenstein name on their project.

Not permission exactly, as Muse iirc went either bankrupt, or the copyright on Wolfenstein expired.