Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rotting Corpse

Python swallowing Alligator = DOUBLE K.O.

Wow. Now if they could only get them to do a 3 way fight with an alligator, a python, and Mike Tyson. I'd watch it on pay-per-view.

I mean, just imagine telling that to a friend. "A snake ate an alligator, and then exploded." The fact that is it actually real is just awesome.

heh. some circle of life we have there. seriously though, the burmese python population is growing and can really fuck up the eco-system. prolly some irresposible pet owners let some loose and they started breeding.

People randomly dump 12' snakes in the wild around there?

"Hey, I was tired of feeding my Komodo Dragon, so I set it free in that old park at the creek on the edge of our neighborhood."

myk said:

People randomly dump 12' snakes in the wild around there?

"Hey, I was tired of feeding my Komodo Dragon, so I set it free in that old park at the creek on the edge of our neighborhood."

Remember this is Florida we're talking about. Florida hillbillies probably make Georgia hillbillies look like some kind of classy intellectuals.

Chameleon said:

Sounds like a great fight. Another one would be Jaguar vs. Python. Overall, it's all about speed isn't it?

My money's on the onça.

Pretty intresting, though it's not unusual. Big Pythons can even eat things like boars.

Still thought thats not something ya see everyday.

Though I'm kinda curious how the snake exploded. They did say the alligator could of clawed out but how would that relate to the fact with the snake's head missing?

Inferno said:

Though I'm kinda curious how the snake exploded. They did say the alligator could of clawed out but how would that relate to the fact with the snake's head missing?

Judging from the photo, it looks like the alligator was too damn big for the python to swallow/digest. As I'm sure you know, snakes digest their food as they eat it, whereas, say, mammals chew the food, then swallow, and then digest.

Guardian said:

As I'm sure you know, snakes digest their food as they eat it, whereas, say, mammals chew the food, then swallow, and then digest.

Huh? A snake swallows the food whole and then slowly digests it. That is why it is not suggested to handle a snake a few days after feeding it, because it could regurgitate its meal.

It's what they do.

EXPLODING PYTHONS sounds like an excellent punk band name or something.

Ralphis said:

How the hell did it stretch its mouth that wide

I saw a clip on tv showing a python swallowing a gazelle... an alligator would be cake compare to a long legged animal like that.

Either way, it still grosses me out.

Dr. Zin said:

Huh? A snake swallows the food whole and then slowly digests it. That is why it is not suggested to handle a snake a few days after feeding it, because it could regurgitate its meal.

Um, I think that's what I was trying to say. Whoops. Thanks for the clarification.

Nikanoru said:

I mean, just imagine telling that to a friend. "A snake ate an alligator, and then exploded." The fact that is it actually real is just awesome.

then you must be new to nature.

things like this happen. a snake will try to swallow anything it kills. sometimes prey is too large or dangerous. i have seen bird beaks tear a hole in a snake. snakes aren't exactly intelligent animals. though they are powerful.

i have seen many a small snake eat a toad only to rip open after the toad expanded inside the snake.

what makes it odd is the fact the sanke is not native to the area. chances are it was a pet that was dumped and lived off the land for years.

Janderson said:

I want to see a Great White fight a Saltwater Crocodile.

I think they did that on animal face-off on animal planet. if you haven't seen that show, they construct mechanical versions of animal heads and claws and test them to see how they work. they'll calibrate the hydraulics to put the proper bite pressure and let em rip on melons, coconuts, cans, and animal cadavers. after they collect all the data they make a virtual scenario and we get to see the animals fight in all their cheesy cgi glory.

as for the python in the 'glades, the only way it could be there is if it was released into the wild. burmese pythons grow to 9 FEET in the first two years of their life and are full grown by four years. thats between 13 and the record 23 feet. a person seeing a snake grow that big in two years might think twice about owning it, especially if they have children. so people dump them in the wilderness thinking it wont hurt. problem is that when you have a bunch of people abandoning animals not native to an area similar to their own natural habitat they will start to breed. fish and game have captured over 150 burmese pythons in the florida swamps. the big fear is that the food chain could become unbalanced and start to damage the ecosystem.

Ralphis said:

How the hell did it stretch its mouth that wide

Ask your mom.

Or Cajun already answered that.