Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Beefy9602

Original Doom

I was wondering if anyone would remember the very first doom that ever came out. I'm talking the original here! I had a demo disk in 1994 I believe that had a demo of Doom on it, but it wasn't like the doom now, same levels and characters but different sound bits. the enemy would still groan and what not, but the game had sound clips from Resivoir Dogs, and other movies I would imagine, explicit language and all... anyone else have that? or know where I could get it?

Sounds like a shovelware (a CD full of stuff off the intraweb with NOTHING NEW that can't be found for free, really) demo disk with an illegal demo of Doom on it. The original Doom had no such sounds.

The demo you are asking for technically is illegal since it uses sounds from a movie and it most likely modifies the shareware wad file, which is also illegal. Also, because of the age and the source of which it came (a CD), the chances of you re-finding this are slim to nill, and the chances of it working with the newer versions of Doom are almost the same.

It sure as hell wasn't a demo of the original that's for sure. Sounds like some dumb pwad.

Yup, sounds like some crappy hack/ sound add on. The first official release that I came across was version 0.9 (or was it 0.99?) of the SW episode. It came on a magazine cover. Being a huge program, it needed two 1.44 floppies to carry its mighty weight. :)

well like I said is was in 1994 at the latest, before the internet was big, and it came on a cd with 99 demos, like you'd buy at wal-mart, so I doubt it was "hacked".

Beefy9602 said:

well like I said is was in 1994 at the latest, before the internet was big, and it came on a cd with 99 demos, like you'd buy at wal-mart, so I doubt it was "hacked".

Even those aren't entirely trustworthy - I once had a similar collection called Game Empire, sold by a company called SoftKey - the disc contained hundreds of shareware games, like advertised, but it also contained warez copies of Rise of the Triad and Heretic.

It's not beyond a disc like that to contain a hacked version of Doom, from my experience.