Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
funduke

Ty Halderman is back: /newstuff is full of WAD's!

Just in case, somebody hasn't noticed it yet:
There's new stuff in /newstuff again!
... No oldies! ;)

Greetings
Funduke

funduke said:
... No oldies! ;)

Though have any been sent or uploaded? Last I heard they would be diverted during a period after all these dire issues.

myk said:

Though have any been sent or uploaded? Last I heard they would be diverted during a period after all these dire issues.

There is a new subfolder in -/-n-e-w-s-t-u-f-f- /incoming with my jewels:
ftp://archives.3dgamers.com/pub/idgames/incoming/funduke_wads/
I don't know, what exactly Mr. Halderman is planning with them, but i know, that he want to avoid frustration of the reviewers.
Greetings
Funduke

(edited by Funduke)

Ah, thanks. In /incoming, you mean.

I suppose the idea is to either put them on hold or to pass them from incoming to their respective directories directly.

A subfolder in newstuff with old new stuff could be a not so bad idea, actually, although it would make Ty have to doublecheck all the wads when moving them from incoming to newstuff or newstuff/old.

myk said:

Ah, thanks. In /incoming, you mean.

my god... it's full of wads!

WildWeasel said:

Oh wow, I pity whoever has to review this week...looks like lots of big ones!

There are some rereleases.

Nimrod, Silent Steel and Resurrection of Chaos are all updates to the existing versions.

/NEWSTUFF MUST LIVE

Good news, I may be uploading something soon...

WildWeasel said:

Oh wow, I pity whoever has to review this week...looks like lots of big ones!

Thank you, incredibly bad timing!

I don't have enough time to check out twenty-eight zips, but I'll see how many I can do today.

pass them out to multiple reviewers would be my imediat thought. good luck however, and its great news! all hail Halderman *butt kisses*

FYI, I'm going to hold off on merging any additional incoming updates since my mass merge. Next week additional current stuff that has come in since then will go in for #251.

Then I'll do all the Funduke and nothing else at once (so someone who doesn't mind 1994 should be the reviewer for #252, I'd think...). I'll probably timestamp all those the same since upload order doesn't matter and it'll be easier to tell which they are.

Then #253+ will be "normal" as I'll be back home on the 20th October (Yay!)

I won't normally be separating out older wads--that was a hassle and hopefully Funduke didn't upload anything current because I just looked for his name in the txt files to segregate.

Bloodshedder said:

I'm not expecting them all to be done today. Oh, and I hope duncan doesn't start reviewing them all too...

*sigh* you could have fecking told me *weeps* I've gone and done them all now!!!!
What do I do!? It's all written up and everything!

Never hurts to have a second set of opinions duncan. If the other guy's done some or all I say post them both.

And an early happy homecoming to you Ty. Hope it all goes smooth.

Excellent news.

If there's two sets of Reviews for the NewStuff, post them both. Should be interesting seeing how they compare.