Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Otherwise known as Void 2 (the 'r' stands for 'return'). I started work on it May 22, 2004 (according to the file creation date), but I just stopped working on it for a while up until maybe a month or two ago when I started adding to it like crazy. It's got a little ways to go, assuming I don't ignore it for a while again (and I just got a full-time job, so this is entirely possible), but it's pretty close to completed. Screenshots!

It's one map, and utilizes ZDoom's newish decorate weapon system, so I'm going to wait until 2.1.0 is out at the very least.

The map has a half-assed plot like the last one did. It takes place six months later, and you've been in confinement for those six months while the scientist bastards study you. Suddenly you're called into Voidworld (or whatever you want to call it). Apparently the Void-dimension has been invaded by another dimension and they need you help now because they don't have a leader since you killed his ass.

You can chose to help them, which means you get a certain weapon, and the Bishops (and probably Wraiths and those fire guys, but there aren't any in the map yet) will all be friendly (and show up during bad situations to help you), or you can refuse to help and you have to complete the same map, only you get a different new weapon, and the Voidland jerks will not be friendly. I'm also planning on a couple alternative endings; probably two per choice.

Also includes a new weapon with graphics by Scuba Steve! Plus lots of sprites ripped from other games! Plus some jumping puzzles! But less than the first map! And the seizure-rific sky is back! Plus a bigger soundtrack! Lots of excessive scripting! And a whole bunch of other crap!

Also I'll probably never finish Doom Jr 2. Sorry Tom_D.

Sweet. Looking forward to playing it upon release.

:(

Cyb said:

Also includes a new weapon with graphics by Scuba Steve! Plus lots of sprites ripped from other games! Plus some jumping puzzles! But less than the first map! And the seizure-rific sky is back! Plus a bigger soundtrack! Lots of excessive scripting! And a whole bunch of other crap!

All that is fine and good, but I think the one question thats on everyone's mind . . . is there Impse? And if so, how much? And will there be sound effects to go along with it, you know, sort of like the Dramitazation of the Comic, but of Impse. You know . . .

I do know that Void 1 doesn't work on the latest versions of ZDoom (The Cyberdemon from the cutscene doesn't show up thus the cut-scene is stuck there)

Zeg-Vok said:

All that is fine and good, but I think the one question thats on everyone's mind . . . is there Impse? And if so, how much? And will there be sound effects to go along with it, you know, sort of like the Dramitazation of the Comic, but of Impse. You know . . .

There is currently no impse, sorry. I have no plans to add it either, but you never know.

BlackFish said:

Yay! Try to add some GZdoom features (3d floors etc).

No.

Nightmare Doom said:

I do know that Void 1 doesn't work on the latest versions of ZDoom (The Cyberdemon from the cutscene doesn't show up thus the cut-scene is stuck there)

I actually released a fixed version of it a few weeks ago that works right with 2.0.9x and (hopefully) later versions. I also made the cutscene skippable and fixed a few other problems with the wad which were there mainly due to ZDoom bug fixes. There's actually another bug in there which I didn't notice, where if you fall into the void then the camera shifts but you never die... I guess it's the same is dying since you can't do anything anyway, but I'll probably fix that sometime too, but it's not showstopping like the last one.

Heh, awesome. Void 2.

Hey, do you need any help finding some new weapon sprites to go with the fancy new decorate coding, or will you find em yourself? Just trying to offer some help, cause I horde weapon sprites and sounds for my weapon mods like there is no tomorrow. You shoud see my collection. :P

/me rereads.

Well, do you need help finding some sounds?

Cyb said:

It's one map, and utilizes ZDoom's newish decorate weapon system, so I'm going to wait until 2.1.0 is out at the very least.

You want us to wait until 20005? :(

(:Þ)

Chrono_T said:

Heh, awesome. Void 2.

Hey, do you need any help finding some new weapon sprites to go with the fancy new decorate coding, or will you find em yourself? Just trying to offer some help, cause I horde weapon sprites and sounds for my weapon mods like there is no tomorrow. You shoud see my collection. :P

/me rereads.

Well, do you need help finding some sounds?

Find? Pishaw. Scuba's original creation is a masterpiece.

Cyb said:

Plus some jumping puzzles!

udderdude said:

I smell jumping puzzles. :O

OMG, UNCANNY.. I Don't know how you do it. Are you a psychic?

TheDarkArchon said:

I bet you didn't know the SSG was in it. *omgspoiler*

you ruined all the fun!

Cyb said:

KHAAAAAAAN

Oh well, Void_R looks really sexy anyway.

(just do a lame placeholder end map for doomjr2, 26 maps is still a good lot of maps. or get someone else to do the last few i dunno gay gay gay poopoo howard stern's penis)