Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dittohead

Resurrection of Evil Ships For Xbox

Activision announced today the arrival of Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil for the Xbox. In addition to the new weaponry and game locales, the Xbox version features both Doom 2 and The Master Levels as an added bonus. However, the online cooperative mode which helped make Doom 3 for Xbox a success, has since been removed. The game is now available at retailers for $29.99.

Eh, it seems over priced to me given the amount of content, and the lack of co-op kills any enthusiasm I would have had for an XBox release of this. Still, I'm sure some Doom 3 fans are happy about this.

sgtcrispy said:

What?! No Final Doom included?

AAARGH!!!

Oh well...

This suprised me as well, seeing how the Collectors Edition included both Ultimate Doom and Doom 2. Too bad, really.

Nice, the master levels, can't beat that!

As a side note, XDOOM looks MUCH better in 640x480...

...something ID should have stolen while they were ripping off the control mechanics. ;)

Dittohead said:

Activision announced today the arrival of Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil for the Xbox. In addition to the new weaponry and game locales, the Xbox version features both Doom 2 and The Master Levels as an added bonus. However, the online cooperative mode which helped make Doom 3 for Xbox a success, has since been removed. The game is now available at retailers for $29.99.

I need to get an Xbox!

Damn, no cooperative play? That was probably the best part about the xbox version of Doom 3.

Ok, you may want to correct your news because it is WAAAAYYYYY off base.

DOOM III ROE comes with:

DOOM III ROE
Ultimate DOOM
DOOM II
DOOM II Master Levels
XBOX Live support
System Link support.

It's sitting in front of me right now, they did a great job.

XDelusion said:

Ok, you may want to correct your news because it is WAAAAYYYYY off base.

DOOM III ROE comes with:

DOOM III ROE
Ultimate DOOM
DOOM II
DOOM II Master Levels
XBOX Live support
System Link support.

It's sitting in front of me right now, they did a great job.

I was simply using the information from the press release that was sent in. And I omitted Xbox live and system link support because it isn't exactly news-breaking stuff.

That's cool, I just think it makes it look bad, and you know how important it is the kiss the feet of our corporate mastas! ;)

If Raven releases the next, I won't be able to tell the difference, infact it may even be better. Both companies are one and the same to me. :)

DarkFoxSoldier20 said:

And it will be the last Doom 3 release from Id. Sadly.

Seriously. I thought RoE was awesome once you got past the tedious beginning in the caves. I'm hoping that there will be a second expansion but it's looking very unlikely at this point. Bah.

WildWeasel said:

Apparently they also added a flashlight to the pistol just for the XBox players.

It's true, and I feel ROE was what Doom 3 should have been...

Dittohead said:

Xbox version features both Doom 2 and The Master Levels as an added bonus.

For what it's worth, the Xbox UDoom and Doom II games in R.O.E. are just cut-n-pasted from the earlier Xbox release "Doom 3: Limited Collector's Edition". The Master Levels game is basically the Doom II engine running a new mapset: 18 of the 21 PC Master Levels maps. Mephisto, Minos and Paradox are missing, unless they're hidden away as new secret levels. (Both exits in "Express Elevator I" lead to "Express Elevator II" -- maps 1 and 2 from PC TEETH.WAD.)

Sign in to follow this