Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
doombhoy

installed but wont run

hi,ive installed doom 3 on my new pc and when i try to run it i get the message doom 3 does not support your video card/driver combination.im running winxp pro64 and have a dual geforce 6600 vidoe card and an amd64 2.2mhz processor and 1024mb memory.now i know that on the box my card is not listed but is there any way i can play it,ive been playing doom since the beginning and its a shame i cant play this one (especially since ive already bought it)if this is a stupid question i appologise in advance but any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks.

Remember that Windows XP is a screw up sometimes. I have Doom 3 for X-Box and plays just as good as the PC. I played both versions and the 2 are not bad in comparison. But I don't feel like taking the stress on trying to get the game to run on PC. Windows gives me enough headaches as it is.

DarkFoxSoldier20 said:

Remember that Windows XP is a screw up sometimes. I have Doom 3 for X-Box and plays just as good as the PC. I played both versions and the 2 are not bad in comparison. But I don't feel like taking the stress on trying to get the game to run on PC. Windows gives me enough headaches as it is.

I have an XP PC and run Doom3 no sweat, so are you suggesting that he buy an xbox instead? Dumb.

Go with Bloodshedder's line of thinking, be sure that the drivers are installed for your card and look around some support forums to see other issues with xp 64-bit.

Mancubus II said:

I have an XP PC and run Doom3 no sweat, so are you suggesting that he buy an xbox instead? Dumb.

Go with Bloodshedder's line of thinking, be sure that the drivers are installed for your card and look around some support forums to see other issues with xp 64-bit.

I'm not telling him to get an X-Box. I just happen to have one. I was just saying that I don't feel like spending too much money on an all out expensive GeForce card or ATI card to play Doom 3 and fuss with Windows bullshit. Doom 3 isn't even that long lasting to waste all that money on anyway. That's why I continue to play the Quake series or the classic dooms.

hi got doom 3 working at last,wow fuckin scary i dont think ive ever jumped so much playing a game.i recently finished hl2 and i have to say doom 3 whips hl2s ass big time.cant wait to play the expansion pack,when i finish doom 3 if my old heart holds out.