Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Torn

Advent Doom Calendar for December 2005

if anyone plans to use xmas/snow textures reckon you could link to a wad? that way more of us who feel that way inclined could use them too!

Those making maps for the 24th and 25th should probably do that. And then the 10th is DOOM's birth day.

TheHighestTree said:

OOO...this sounds fun! One problem is that I can't really make anything without birthday suit textures though (unless someone is willing to WADify some textures for me.)

So, think you could add me to the list?

<confusion>??????????</confusion>
My level is meant to use mostly the pistol and limited shotgun ammo, would having a dehacked patch changing how the nazi's sound and look affect the wad much?

doom2day said:

<confusion>??????????</confusion>
My level is meant to use mostly the pistol and limited shotgun ammo, would having a dehacked patch changing how the nazi's sound and look affect the wad much?

Hmm, try check some posts back. No dehacked patchs or sprite changes.

Well having nazi's in the level isn't that bad, but hey, they were somewhat evil anyways.

edit1: I SHOULD be able to email my wad, and it is going to be called something like 'Necropolis'. It is going to be hitler's labs where he is making an army of the undead (and hellish). It sounds a little too much like 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein' though... a LOT of zombies though. shotgun ammo rare, so far.

edit2: When should they be finished?

Well, people. Can I see some more progress of your maps? Thanks. :)
The page will be put up next week, however it is just a simple white page. But it is easier for store information and such stuff.

doom2day said:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This sucks.

Well, I decided I'd actually work on my map today...

> Added a new texture, WORDS - contains a complete alphabet, plus numbers and two pre-assembled words I plan to put across the level. This texture was created with a TrueType font.
> Changed the sign at the front entrance - it's still the SHAWN1 UAC sign, but below it is "CHEMICAL STORAGE" written with my new WORDS texture.
> Made it a little more clear where the elevator goes, by writing "B1" on the arrow indicators on the walls.
> Added a secret.

I've started a map, not the one I said, but something hopefully better.

Deimos Orbital, shot 1, hallway 1:

prolly should take my name off. i got carried away and turned the imp into a little boy who mumbles, squats to pick up some snow and throws it at you/ changed the pistol into a snowball throwing arm, and added a buncha freaky crap....
if i can enter for a day (guess i can't have it in the megawad), then
i would still like to participate.

Oops, almost forgot about this project. I'll get screens up asap, it is still going to be a dark castle like I said before.

WildWeasel said:

> Added a new texture, WORDS - contains a complete alphabet, plus numbers and two pre-assembled words I plan to put across the level. This texture was created with a TrueType font.

Good idea. I am just requesting an early spot in the megawad because starting with a bfg or even a plasma gun will affect it a lot.

edit Does anyone know a good site to upload pictures to?

Torn said:

]I am gonna use this as the calendar picture/background
Anyone seen chroz lately or have an email adress he uses?
Thanks for any help. :)

And does anyone here work with php?
I need some kind of script that can handle downloads on specific dates or else this would be just a megawad released on 24/25th december.

Hehe, somebody should try modifying that to include the episode 1 mountains, it'd be awesome ;D

Mike

i think i'm going to recycle the MAP14 i've just thrown out of my own megawad,m it's already white and wouldnt take too much work for it to look like a snow flake (it was supposed to be an arena map). so basically that means it's already 80% done, hurrah!

Torn said:

]I am gonna use this as the calendar picture/background
Anyone seen chroz lately or have an email adress he uses?
Thanks for any help. :)

And does anyone here work with php?
I need some kind of script that can handle downloads on specific dates or else this would be just a megawad released on 24/25th december.

It could be a 32-Level Megawad released on Christmas Eve, that way we could have something to do while we wait for Christmas Day.

You could make the last boss a very angry/demented Santa.

Torn said:

The idea of this advent calendar is to have one downloadable map each day in December for people to download, just simply to make the wait time for christmas eve shorter. :P

I think the point of this is to make the wait for christmas eve shorter rather than make one night loaded with maps.

zap610 said:

I think the point of this is to make the wait for christmas eve shorter rather than make one night loaded with maps.

Well, I still need someone to help me with the php, as I am not gonna be able to check in every day for upload a map. But maybe there is another thing I could do, I will think about that.

Hey guys, I'm going to bail from the project. If I do release my map (I don't really think I will though, because it'll never get finished at this rate), it'll be as a seperate entity.

can it possibly have a page for the people who can only download at weekends?
if so, Thanks a lot :)

- Sausage

sausage said:

can it possibly have a page for the people who can only download at weekends?
if so, Thanks a lot :)

- Sausage

I don't understand what you mean

It's hard to word so I'll give an example

If you go to the page on December 8th, for example, Sausage wants to be able to download the map for the 1st-8th of December.

TheDarkArchon said:

It's hard to word so I'll give an example

If you go to the page on December 8th, for example, Sausage wants to be able to download the map for the 1st-8th of December.

Well, of couse. Thats like a normal advent calender you haven't opened for a few day, you are still able to open them. :)

Umm (dumb question).. These maps are ment to be Doom 2 maps, right? Please forgive my slow mind. Just want to be clear.

-_DLD_- said:

It could be a 32-Level Megawad released on Christmas Eve, that way we could have something to do while we wait for Christmas Day.

You could make the last boss a very angry/demented Santa.

Release the megawad on christmas day. The big wad for the big day.